classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Acne problem

Riya
This post was updated on .

Hello..I am 29 years old female suffering from acne from past one month the acne is mostly occuring on right side of the cheek and the chin..few days back i consulted a derma and she prescribed me oxidoben gel,sebonac gel,cleargel and coraz-500.,cetaphil facewash..am following the medication but don't feel much difference..what do you suggest..is the prescribed medications alright??should I carry on with them or should I make some changes..if yes,then what changes do you suggest..please help..I am really worried about my problem..
Reply | Threaded
|

Help regarding the account

Riya
Actually I have recently created an account here..and I why is it that it's written below the query I have posted that comments disabled??why is it that nobody can comment on my post and suggest me??
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Help regarding the account

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Riya,

1)Firstly kindly calm down,I am here to help.You have left numerous messages,comments,emails all over.This isn't a instant messaging service.I shall respond at the earliest possible,until then please wait patiently and do not panic.

2)Secondly,only a registered forum member or me(admin) can reply to the queries posted by any one. Unregistered members cannot reply.Then members or me aren't available 24*7,they will respond once they are free.

3)Coming to your issue,you have severe cystic acne specially on the cheeks which is usually a sign of PCOS.So kindly visit a gynecologist to rule out that possibility.Until and unless,root causes are addressed acne will continue to pop out despite being on acne treatments.

4)Treating acne is a very long and time consuming process.It will not be cured overnight.You have to be systematic and disciplined with the acne treatments/acne regimen.You have to give sufficient time for the treatments to work,atleast 3-4 months to see some improvement.Giving up on treatments won't benefit any one so please be patient and give them a clean shot.I understand the frustration of acne so do all of the other forum members,but panicking and giving up won't help.All of us here have suffered for years,before figuring out our mistakes and what works for us.

5)Oxidoben is Adapelene+Benzoyl Peroxide.Also known as Epiduo gel which most of here use it.
Cora 500 is a oral antibiotic.
Clearz Gel and Sebonac gel won't do much for moderate-severe acne.
Cetaphil is a useless cleanser.

I would suggest Epiduo acne regimen since you have similar product make these modifications.

Morning:Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel+Sunprotek/Suncote Gel Sunscreen+Sebamed moistursing cream or Aloe veda aloe vera gel if you face any dryness.
Afternoon:Reapply sunscreen even if indoors.
Evening:Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel+Apply Oxidoben on entire face an hour before bed.

6)Discontinue Clearz gel,Sebonac gel,Cetaphil cleanser.

7)Continue to take Coraz 500 for whatever duration doctor has prescribed.

8)Do not modify the regimen,use it as instructed.Do not add comedogenic products.I have written instructions in the Epiduo acne regimen post,kindly go through that.

Hope this helps!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Acne problem

Riya
In reply to this post by Riya
Thank you that was really helpful and sorry for so many msgs..didn't realise actually...I wanted to know which ointment should I use for spot treatment..to lessen the acne,redness and scars??and can I use epiduo and oxidoben gel in the same treatment and if yes the. how to use them..and can I use ahaglow facewash??will it help??
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Riya,

Oxidoben and Epiduo are both same formulas,just manufactured by different companies that's all so you don't need to use both.Since you have Oxidoben gel,please continue to use that at nights.

Oxidoben/Epiduo gel contains Benzoyl peroxide and Adapelene which will unclog pores,kill acne causing bacteria,promote skin exfoliation,lighten acne scars too.So as now,just use Oxidoben gel.Primary focus must be to bring acne under control,once that happens we can address other skin issues.Adding too many products isn't a good thing.Keep your skin care routine basic and minimum.Let your skin calm down,Oxidoben will do the trick.

I normally don't suggest adding glycolic acid face washes in Epiduo acne regimen in the initial stages since it can cause some dryness.If you want you can try using Glogeous face wash in the morning and Kaya cleanser in the evening.Do apply a non-comedogenic moisturiser.Glogeous is available on clickoncare.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Riya
In reply to this post by Riya
Thank you so much for the help..I wanted to ask one more thing have you heard about the medicine meganus?is it for solving skin issue??do you have some information about this medicine(oral)??
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Sorry Riya I do not know about meganus.

Oral form of treatments of acne are
1)Antibiotics which you are already prescribed.
2)Oral Contraceptives to correct the hormonal acne.
3)Isotretinoin or Accutane which is a very strong vitamin A supplement prescribed for acne when the topical treatments don't work.It is more of a last resort treatment for acne.They come with their own side effects which you can read here.

In all honesty Riya,don't be in hurry to try all the treatments.One step at a time.Give the regimen a shot.Also go visit a Endocrinologist and get yourself tested for hormonal imbalances.Acne is a hormonal problem.You really have to be patient with the treatment process.The more you get anxious and stress over it,acne will only continue to get worse.