classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are Deodorants/Colognes safe?

tittu121
This post was updated on .
hi divya today i wanna discuss and know deos and colonges are safe or not ? from my childhood i like deos and colonges very much fragrances attract me therefore i love fragrances but some resarch says they used aluminium and dangerous harmful chemicals and its dangerous to use for health concern today my questions based on this deos and colonges topic
1.deos uses in neck body like under arms ,  neck , and any part of body is safe or not ? what is your opinion ?
2. colonges can use on neck body its safe or not ? i use naked body and cloth both am i doing wrong or write ? your opinion ?
3. your favourite males deos and colonges { i know you are a girl but you may suggest which type of fragrances you would like musk , fruity , flowerish or which type of fragrances attract you  bcoz your opinion is must bcoz we boys apply fragrances to impress the girl with smell you know its secret formulla no 45 for boys gang to impress  }
4.divya i know i always ask weird questions you will think about me what a stupid guy he is but i ask bcoz i like your answers and opinion and be prepare in future for huge list of my weird questions  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Are Deodorants/Colognes safe?

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Tittu,

This is a very interesting question.Infact me and my friend Megha were discussing this topic couple of months ago and opting for aluminium free deodorant/antiperspirants.

1)Yes there are small studies that show Aluminium used in Antiperspirants might cause health hazards like breast cancers,seizures,bone disorders,kidney disorders.There is also section of studies which contradict these findings.But its better to safe and than be sorry as the proverb goes.

Aluminium is commonly used in Antiperspirants has they temporarily block sweat glands and kill those bacteria which emit body odour.

2)On the contrary,most deodorants do not contain aluminium.They only contains fragrances which mask body odour and emit pleasant smell.They do not block sweat glands and the fragrance wears down after couple of hours.

After reading your question,I went back and checked ingredients of my perfumes and deos which are safe.

3)Deodorants which are paraben-free and aluminium-free are safe to use on body.

4)I don't use anti-perspirants or roll on deos.My favourite deos are from Nike Men(Paraben & Aluminium free) which I have been using since my school/college days.My choice of fragrances is spicy,woody and musky.I really really hate sweet/fruity/flowery overpowering fragrances,they really give me a head ache and make me uneasy.Hence you can see reviews on men's showers gels on my blog.Amazon always has offers on Nike ones so stock them up.Incase you want to try them,here is the link.

5)There is one more option of body mists/perfumes which are usually water based and aluminium & paraben-free.But do check ingredients before you buy.They normally add fragrant oils for the fragrance.

Nivea recently launched one and I have been meaning to try it.I am not sure of the ingredients yet.Here is the amazon link.When I do,I will post a review.This is the press release link.

6)I apply deos on my clothes and not directly on under arms as they cause some pigmentation.Hold them about 15cm away from your body and spray it on to the area.

7)Then there are anti-fungal/anti-bacterial powders like Clotrimazole which also helps to an extent with respect to perspiration.

And again you are welcome to ask as many as questions you want,I encourage my readers to do it hence the forum is apt place for such discussions.We all learn from each other in the process which is awesome.
Reply | Threaded
|

tittu121
thankyou divya for your detailed answering you wrote you apply on cloth not under arm can i use in my under arms is it safe ? nike is your favourite brand write divya please suggest some other brand deos also which is aluminium free and paraben free and water based body mists/perfumes i havenot used it yet  which is the good brand ? some names suggest and again thankyou for this awesome forum  I wish this forum would have got me when I was in school, when I was troubled by Pimples but  no problem If that happens, happens for the best  its my philosphy
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Tittu,

Currently I do not have access to ingredient list of these products.Give me some time,hopefully I can list some more options.As of now,since I have Nike ones,I can say it is aluminium and paraben-free.

Adidas ones are perhaps too but the fragrances don't stay more than couple of minutes.

Nivea ones have aluminium but they are paraben-free.

I don't apply directly on underarms because it can cause some pigmentation there in conjunction with waxing/shaving since I wear sleeveless clothes all the time.It might not be the case with every one.So I just spray on my clothes to prevent that.You don't have to do that.

I am glad you are making good use of forum.Your queries help others as well,as I said we all learn from each other in the process.And I am always here for you guys.

Take care!
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
In reply to this post by tittu121
Hi Tittu,

I was going through my stash and found out Reebok,United Colors of Benetton,Adidas are aluminium free and paraben-free since these are only deos and not anti-perspirants.