classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Avene cicalfate cream and perioral dermatitis

Deepika
This post was updated on .
Hey Priyanka :) How r u gal ? I am back again with a new query..as u know that i have been using triacneal once à day on my face and around my mouth too for perioral dermatitis..I dont know if Its helping or not..but it stings a lotttt whenever i apply that which settles down after 10.mints..I wanna know that can i use Avene cicalfate for perioral dermatitus??I was making an order of my avene products and then i searched more about Avene and i found ciaclfate  cream which seems good to me...so i wanna know can this be good for perioral dermatitis? Thankyou :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Avene cicalfate cream and perioral dermatitis

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Deepika.How are you?Long time.I was wondering why I haven't heard from you.How is your skin now?acne and perioral dermatitis wise?

Avene Cicalfate is comedogenic,it has vegetable oil.I don't suppose it will help perioral dermatitis.You can consider taking Zinc supplements.

The burning sensation after applying Triacneal could be due to dry skin/dryness.You can use Avene Thermal Spring water after cleansing your face.After one hour you can follow it up with Triacneal mixed with a moisturiser like aloe vera gel.Also decrease the frequency of Triacneal since you are restarting after long time,your skin will need some time to adjust.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
This post was updated on .
ohh is it comedogenic ??.no use then :P ..i was very busy past two weeks..spring is just started here and there were hell lots of patients so i had to work there over time or if not,then i had to send the pending prescriptions while at home..urghhh..anyways u say i read other topics in forum and came to know that u were not well..what happened ? how are you feeling now ?
coming to my skin..i always get two or three pimples on my jaw line or forehead but no complaints :P ..i dont care now..i mean i used to get cystic acne before i find you..since i am using triacneal,my acne frequency has been reduced..one or two pimples is ok for me :D..but my Perioral Dermatitis is still the same..its 70% cleared but not cure completely..whenever i apply bb cream or even compact,it will start showing up like dryness,peeling ..but on bare face no one can even tell that i have been suffering from Perioral Dermatitis..my around the mouth area is very dry and very rough..i have been applying avene skin recovery cream and avene thermal spring water generously which helped...and one more question priyanka..i am using burt bees ultra conditioning lipbalm on my lips while in clinic...is it good to use?
and yess from today onwards i will start applying triacneal with aloe vera gel :)

Thankyouuuuuuuu dear <3
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Aww so sweet of you.I wasn't feeling well for couple of days,all good now.Thank you for checking up on me

70% is pretty good improvement Deepika.Perioral dermatitis is a very persistent form of bacteria infection,healing time is very long.But without any oral medications,progress is good.Dryness could be due to Triacneal.You could mix it with aloe vera gel or avene skin recovery cream or any moisturiser and apply.

Avene Skin Recovery cream is a good moisturiser.So apply twice a day and beneath your make up as well.

I have heard burt bees lip balms are good.All lip balms are generally comedogenic because of the waxes and emollients in them.But make sure they don't touch your skin around the mouth.I used to breakout around mouth area when I was using Lotus Lip Balms,the most crappiest lip balm ever.It is very very oily and waxy and ends up smudging,as a result I used  to wake up to nasty pimples in the morning.I love Maybelline Baby Lips non-tinted ones like Lychee addict/Watermelon smooth/Antioxidant berry/Mango pie.Oh yes twisties are better than tub packaging and always wash your hands after lip balm.You don't want touch your face with lip balms on your hands.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Thankyou dear :* ..I would love to meet you one day..sure will continue following ur instructions...Avene skin recovery cream has minéral oil i guess..And i have heard that minéral oil is not good for acné prône skin..can i use Avene hydrating cream instead of that or skin recovery one is good..?? I have finished two bottles of Avene thermal spring water within 20 days :P and Its really good..Thankyou for everything :* ..can i mix kaya night cream with Avene ?? I applied Avene mixed with aloe vera gel but u know Its hard to absorb..it remains sticky and i had to par it dry manually :D
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe you are most welcome dear.You know we should DJ forum reunion,it will be fun hehe

Mineral oil is mildly comedogenic.Unless skin is highly acne prone skin,its fine.Johnson Baby oil is like mineral oil itself.There is no potential harm as such.

I have heard good feedback about Avene Skin Recovery Cream so you can continue that itself.

Avene Thermal Spring water is amazing.I love it!

Avene hydrating cream is highly comedogenic.It has also mineral oil,also known as paraffinum liquidnum.

Do not mix Kaya night cream with Triacneal.Vitamin C in kaya cream will deactivate retinoid in Triacneal.Try Avene Skin Recovery Cream.

You can Sebamed moisturising cream.Its pretty good.It is oil-free and non-comedogenic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Yes u should do a réunion :) but can u do it again when i will be in India :( ..it will be so much fun :) ..I asked this question Bcoz i Got 3-4 breakouts after using Avene skin recovery cream ..no doubt its making My skin hydrates but ya somewhere I feel that may be this is responsible for My new breakout..I dont have any single item in My makeup or skin care bag Which is comedogenic then how come suddenly i Got 3-4 pimples on My forehead and chin...does sebamed has any minéral oil or paraffin etc ???
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe ya it will be fun ..

In that case discontinue Avene Skin Recovery Cream and go for Sebamed itself. It does not have mineral oil. Check the review I posted for more information.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
In reply to this post by DivaJournals
And Priyanka i checked again..Avene hydrance optimale light hydrating cream doesnt have any minéral oil  or paraffin?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yes that's right but read my first reply I said it's comedogenic. .
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Ok then i wont go for this one..gonna order sebamed now :) ..Thankyou :* lotss of Love :* Good night <3
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Have a nice weekend.Take care.Love you too