Can I Start with High Percentage of Vitamin C?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Anu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can I Start with High Percentage of Vitamin C?

Anu
This post was updated on .
Hi Priyanka,

How r u My Doctor? I want u to pls advice me.. Can i now opt for high percentage of Vit C...If yes which one is safe...Currently I am using Facemed Gel and it was good...It really helped to cure white heads also to a great extent ...which was not subsiding earlier..also after reading about proactiv sulphur mask reviews..Can i add it to my regimen..I have a dry skin so Can I go for it...?Kindly suggest

Thanks alot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can I Start with High Percentage of Vitamin C?

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

How are you? Hehe Thank you for calling me doctor,you guys really spoil me with your compliments.I am grateful that you guys trust me so much,Thank you very much.

I think you can go for higher percentage of Vitamin C.Your skin is doing good.But with Vitamin C,I have a bit of hesitation since in some cases higher percentage of Vitamin C might not suit every one.Do tread with caution.

Here are options available in Indian market:
1)Ethicare Epishine serum-15% Vit C-Buy on Flipkart 
2)Auriga Flavo C serum-8% Vit C+Antioxidants-Buy on Flipkart | Amazon
3)Cipla VC 15-15% Vit C-Buy on Clickoncare | Flipkart
4)Ethicare Kozimax Cream-10% Vit C+Kojic acid+Arbutin-Buy on Flipkart

Facemed gel is 5% Vitamin C so Auriga Flavo C might be better fit for you.What do you think or do you want go for Kozimax?I want you to steadily increase instead of right away going to 15%?

Yes you can add Proactiv Mask,no issues there.It might cause a little bit dryness,nothing a moisturiser can fix though.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
thanks dear ,i agree with you to slowly increase the percentage so 8% is the right one...And my skin is already dry so if i use proactive mask then wont it cause too much of dryness...?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Not a major issue Anu.I leave it on for longer duration.You could perhaps leave it on for half an hour.

And go easy with the serum since you are increasing,adjust the frequency to see if suits you or not.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Sure i will take care of it and will update you how it suits me so that it can help the others too...
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Thank you Anu,very kind of you.Looking forward for your feedback
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Hey Priyanka,
hope u r doing good,as i asked u i ordered for auriga flavo C serum and today i received my parcel...kindly tell me can i apply it in the morning also under my sunscreen to get its maximum effect ...bcs i read that it helps to fight with the free redicals..What u say dear?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

I am repeatedly telling you DO NOT apply vitamin c serums,retinoids during day.This is what my doctor told me too.More application does not mean increased efficacy of the product.They have to be applied only during night time.

Auriga Serum has antioxidants additionally so it will help with free radical damage.Take baby steps with these skin treatments Anu
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
sure will apply it daily night then.
thanks alot
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yes these are treatment serums are potent and they increase sun sensitivity.Night is the best time for application.