|

Can lemon or soda cause acne??

Aman
One more name of urs "talented grl"..
So from my side..
Heloo talented grl..
Howz you??
So can lemon or soda cause acne??
BcoZ in summers lemon water is gud for health i think.. So dats why i askd??
Actually priyanka i also mention dat agn i notice dat banana cause me acne.. Evenly banana shake too.. So i avoid banana..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can lemon or soda cause acne??

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe Hi Aman

I haven't heard lemon or soda causing breakouts.I rarely breakout after eating particular food.May be Gayathri can shed some light on it.

I am highly doubtful that lemon causes breakouts.

But its possible Soda is breaking you out.Its all depends on the ingredients.Normally these drinks are loaded with high sugar content so it spikes insulin content which can cause acne.Same with milkshakes.That's why I prefer fresh fruits or their juices.I don't add any sugar or milk.You should try summer fruits juices like water melon or musk melon.They are healthy and refreshing.Just chop them up and add in a blender with little water and pinch of rock salt or black salt or kala namak.If you really can't avoid sugar,try adding little crushed jaggery.

If you are sure that particular food/fruit breaks you out then observe for 2-3 times and avoid it.Commonly Sugar,Chocolates,Milk,Oily food normally causes acne.It varies person to person.

Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Yaa i knw sugar, chocolates,oily food cause acne..
But milk
OMG i was take 2 glass of milk in a day..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yes Milk and its derivatives like paneer,butter,cheese is common food trigger that causes acne.Again not the case with everyone.Why don't you skip all dairy products for a week and test it out?
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Hmmmm.. Actually bcoz of gyming.. It was imp. To take paneer,milk,curd,egg.. Bcoz i am nt taking any type of protein.. So from where i can take protein??
Mu gym instructor also said dat u take protein double to ur weight n aslo said  to take paneer, soya paneer, milk, curd,egg.. But acc. To knw i think i avoid all dese product.. But "talented grl" from where i can take protein??
Mention i take fresh cow milk not but packet milk..
Take fresh paneer not buy packet paneer..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
I know Aman I understand that but tell me what am I do?.Only you can reach a compromise/balance between acne and body building.If you didn't have acne prone skin/body acne,you probably could get away with anything.But since certain foods trigger acne,you should take care of it.You can have curds,sprouted seeds,fish,lentils,eggs,nuts,soy milk,tofu(paneer derived from soy milk),apples etc

When it comes to milk,usually cows are injected with hormones to produce more milk.Those hormones are the trouble makers which cause acne.Again this is applicable only if you are sure if milk causes acne.
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Ah I wanted to comment here definitely. Aman , milk is highly acne causing for acne prone people like us. Stop all milk stuff for a week and you'll yourself feel the difference in your skin. Actually its just a myth that we need milk in our diet, a myth to promote cows from some foreign countries. I don't remember the exact politics but if you Google it, you'll know. And stay away from soda. Not just for acne causes but soda disturbs a lot of things in your body. Whereas lemons are wonderful for skin due to their high vitamin C content. I never skip lemon juice. Just have it with minimal sugar.
And there are lots of other protein sources, like kidney beans and sprouts.

Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri
In reply to this post by Aman

And the same with eggs. Actually I've converted to being a total veggie cos of the hormones they inject in meat these days. Not just for acne, being veggie improves health in a lot of aspects.

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Gayathri.Thanks for dropping by and sharing your helpful insight.I agree with you,they inject all kind of things..Hope this information helps you Aman.

So how are you?No update from you!Did you start using Gloegous?
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Thanku both of you..
My first preference to clear the acne..
Second for gym..
So i avoid all the things like milk n all..
And priyanka glogoues face wash is best face wash.. But my personal fav. Is KAYA..
And now i feel very much better.. But 1-2 pimples always pop up on my face from last 2 months.. I think its pop up becoz of summer.. But overall i fell better.. Thanku soo much for ur help my dear.. Ur polite way and the patience u gave me helps me alot alot..

And priyanka can it chance dat proativ not suits anyone??
And gayathri can egg cause acne like milk??
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
In reply to this post by DivaJournals
Thanku both of you..
My first preference to clear the acne..
Second for gym..
So i avoid all the things like milk n all..
And priyanka glogoues face wash is best face wash.. But my personal fav. Is KAYA..
And now i feel very much better.. But 1-2 pimples always pop up on my face from last 2 months.. I think its pop up becoz of summer.. But overall i fell better.. Thanku soo much for ur help my dear.. Ur polite way and the patience u gave me helps me alot alot..

And priyanka can it chance dat proativ not suits anyone??
And gayathri can egg cause acne like milk??
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
In reply to this post by Aman
Hehe ya you are most welcome buddy.My two most used cleansers are kaya soothing cleansing gel and glogeous.

No complaints about Proactiv.Any issues?

Occassional breakouts could be due to gymming,sweat,summer,food etc.But fortunately nothing major.

Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
No complaints for proactiv..
I think my breakout is due to gyming or milk product or sweating..
Bcoz in summers these thing is major factor for acne..
Second pt. Priyanka u sugest me ketonext shampoo n herbel essence conditioner.. Overall it was gud, but only one problem i was facing dat after whenever i apply, next day my hair is too much oily, and agn i need to shampoo..
But acc. To you shampoo is nt applying dialy.. Den what can i do for oily hair??
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Aman if you face no dryness then use glogeous twice a day.

Regarding a shampoo for daily use,try something like Dove Daily Shine.Its mild shampoo.Your oily hair could be due to sweating in gym and weather.Hair usually becomes oily quickly in summers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
 okiezzzz talented grl.. And yaa if i use dove daily shampoo den which one conditioner i can use??
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
You can use the Herbal essences conditioner you have.

Just alternate Ketonext with Dove that way it will take care of your hair issues.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Okiezzz g.. Once agn thanku so much *priyanka*..