8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Epiduo acne regimen update and help with pitted acne scars

bobby
This post was updated on .
hi dj,

thankyou so much :) after using epiduo gel, kaya soothning facewash and aloe veda gel my skin became great. but now facing so problem, after washing kaya soothning facewash my face becaming too much dry, and after 10min white layers was appearing on near mouth and cheeks.. if i apply aloe veda it became much more... and epiduo gel works great on acne pimple, but my acne hole(scars) was same as before, after relief from pimples my acne holes becoming highlight on my face. :(
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Epiduo acne regimen update and help with pitted acne scars

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Bobby.Congrats on clearing your acne.I am very happy for you

Kaya soothing cleanser is a neutral and mild cleanser,it does not cause any dryness.Epiduo is causing your dryness.Just decrease the frequency.Say if you are applying everyday then apply it every alternate day.For now discontinue Epiduo for 2 days and once dryness subsides restart it.If Aloe vera gel is not enough then try Sebamed moisturising cream.

Which sunscreen are you using?You can try Sunprotek Gel Sunscreen,it is a moisturising sunscreen.

Regarding your pitted acne scars,its a very slow process especially with topical treatments.You can alternate Sefpil(Glycolic acid cream) with Epiduo(Retinoid).Clinical treatments like Laser,High Concentration Chemical peels,Dermaroller will give you faster and better results.Can you upload your recent picture so that we can see current status?

Reply | Threaded
|

bobby
This post was updated on .

hi dj,

here the present image... and i am using kaya soothning face wash daily 4times is it ok?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Bobby.Congrats buddy,your acne definitely cleared up.The good news is you don't really have major pitted acne scars but I do see large pores.You can continue Epiduo itself,its a retinoid which will work on acne scars.If you want to you can add a glycolic acid cream like Sefpil.

And by the way why are washing you face 4 times a day?You should wash your face 2-3 times in a  day max.The more you wash,the skin will become dry and skin will produce more oil to compensate the loss.There you go that's another reason for your dryness you are facing.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Hey Priyanka,
In the pics sent by Bobby ,for the large pores that are visible not the acne scars, what we can do to minimise them bcs i too have these large pores
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu.I have large pores too.As I told you before,nothing much can be done about it,since it is a genetical condition.Retinoids,Mud packs help to an extent.Procedures like Laser can also shrink the pores.
Reply | Threaded
|

bobby
In reply to this post by DivaJournals
hi dj,

thank you so much once again :) , and how can  i use Sefpil Glycolic acid cream along with my epiduo ? can you temme d directions to use both?

and using trigaine shampoo daily is ok?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Bobby.I do not advise you to wash your every day unless you have very oily hair/scalp.Try to wash your hair 2-3 times in a week.You tend to over cleanse your hair and skin which is not required.You can use Trigaine as and when required.

Yes you can use Sefpil.
Night1-Epiduo
Night 3-Sefpil
Night 5-Epiduo
Night 7-Sefpil

Start with alternate days so that your skin can adjusted to it.Remember to use at nights only and use sunscreen during day.If you face any dryness give one more day gap and apply moisturiser.

Sefpil is available on flipkart HERE.