4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help with Epiduo Acne regimen

neelum
This post was updated on .
Hi Diva Journals
First of all I want to thank you for the great job you are doing.
I read most of the post from Diva Journals and I enjoy learning things from you.

Concerning my post, I have acne, acne scars, oily skin etc as from the photos.

I recently bought some items as mentioned from your posts.

Advise they are good for my skin.

Facewash: Papulex Oil free, Neutrogena foaming cleanser (Just bought)
Moisturiser: Sebamed clear gel (Just bought)
Sunscreen: Shahnaz Husein Nano gel (Bought last year before knowing Diva Journals)
Acne cream: Epiduo

Kindly advise how many days i should use epiduo at night.
My scalp is oily and I hate applying creams at night.

Any solution to my oily scalp? But hair is straight and normal.

Regards
Neelum

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Acne

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Neelum,

Thank you for your kind words.I am very glad,you find my blog helpful.

Since you have been following my blog,by now you know the answer to your skin issue is Epiduo Acne regimen.

1)Kindly do not use any Shahnaz products.Most of them are comedogenic and meaning not suitable for oily-acne prone skin.Their sunscreens are not broad spectrum either and not providing enough sun protection! So switch to options like Suncote,Sunprotek Gel Sunscreen etc.

2)Epiduo should not be used during day.It has to be used during night time only!Cleanse your face and apply the cream before bed.

Your routine should be something like this:
Morning:Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser+Sunprotek Gel Sunscreen+Sebamed moisturiser if required.
Evening:Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser+Epiduo

3)Since you are a beginner,apply Epiduo every alternate night so that your skin can get used to it.If you see any dryness,don't panic-just apply a moisturiser.Also do not forget to apply sunscreen during day irrespective whether you indoors or outdoors.Read this post for better understanding of acne treatments: How to Deal with Acne Treatments and its side effects?. After couple of weeks,you can apply Epiduo every night.

4)Nothing much can be done about oily scalp,it is your skin trait!Wash your hair 2-3 times in a week with a good shampoo.If you have the habit of oiling your hair then discontinue it and switch to hair serums,hair masks,conditioners etc.

Reply | Threaded
|

neelum
Thank you for the reply.
I am waiting your reply eagerly since last week.

I will buy the suncote, sunprotek gel when the Shahnaz husein sunscreen will be over.

Regards
Neelum
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Apologies for the late response.

I would advise you to use Shanaz sunscreen on body and switch to Sunprotek for face.