10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How To Treat Freckles?

Rajasree
This post was updated on .
Thank u Diva for your suggestion.

I need another suggestion that is regarding pigmentation problem. I have got freckles near my cheeks and eyes. I consulted with dermatologist and was asked to undergo laser. But I want to know if any serum or cream can help me to fade the color tht would me helpful.

Thanks
Rajasree
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How To Treat Freckles?

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rajasree,

Hope you are doing good.

Freckles are a result of sun damage so you have limit sun exposure,wear protective clothing and compulsorily wear a good sunscreen during day time.All these steps will prevent freckles and also treat freckles.

Yes your doctor is right.Clinical procedures like Chemical peels,Micro dermabrasion,Laser all provide faster resolution to freckles.

You can also include treatment creams which have lightening ingredients like retinoids,glycolic acid,vitamin etc.

You can look into Facemed gel(Vitamin C+Salicylic acid) or Sefpil(Glycolic acid+Mandelic acid) from ethicare.Its available on amazon/flipkart.Both might cause some dryness,so do use a non-comedogenic moisturiser.Start by applying alternate nights and do not forget sunscreen during day time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rajasree
Thank you so much dear.

Alternate nights mean? Are you saying to use both the gels alternatively?

Can I use vitamin C gel to get rid of sun damage?

I do apply sunscreen quite generously. Try to reapply as well. But don't know why still facing freckles problem.

Regards
Rajasree
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rajasree,

Yes you can use vitamin c,it has many skin benefits like anti-aging,hyper-pigmentation,freckles,blemishes,skin rejuvenation.

Its not necessary to use both sefpil and facemed.Both are good options but you can use one.May be you could start with Facemed gel.

Using alternate nights means something like this:
Night 1-Facemed
Night 3-Facemed
Night 5-Facemed
Night 7-Facemed

This will give your skin time to adjust to the new treatment and minimise any dryness.On Nights 2,4,6 you can apply a moisturiser before you go to bed.

Hope this answers your queries
Reply | Threaded
|

Rajasree
Thank you Diva. Also suggest me a good mask. The humidity and heat is killing me, my skin looks sweaty and oily.
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rajasree,

You can look into mud masks like Proactiv Mask.Here are more options:Best Face mask for Oily Skin
Reply | Threaded
|

Rajasree
Hii

What about Kozilite H cream? Do u have any idea about that product?

Thanks
Rajasree
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rajasree,

Kozilite H(Purple Tube) is from Ethicare remedies.It contains Hydroquinone which is a bleaching agent and banned in many countries.It should not be used for more than 3 months.There are lot of inhibitions regarding its use hence I do not recommend any Hydroquinone products.

There is a Hydroquinone-free Kozilite(Brown Tube) as well.The formula is very good with arbutin,kojic acid,turmeric,vitamin c,lactic acid,glycolic acid but it is comedogenic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rajasree
Ok.. Thanx for the information. I m planning to buy the brown tube one. I will apply only on the affected area. IS it ok?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Kozilite Brown Tube is comedogenic.If you don't have acne prone tendency then you can apply.Otherwise go for Facemed Gel.Anu has been using it for hyper-pigmentation and found good results.And apply on entire face.