Open this post in threaded view
|

How to lighten scar on nose?

Anu
This post was updated on .
Hi Priyanka,
Hope u r doing good...
I needed your valuable advice again...
My acne issue has been solved to a great extent which already updated...I am having a pigment line across my nose which was there from past 4-5 years but now it has become a little dark from past one year...i applied kojiglow also but there was no improvement so i consulted the best dermatologist in my city... he prescribed me UV-tec cream :Composition: Hydroquinone U.S.P- 2.0%
                                                                               Octyl methoxycinnamate U.S.P-5.0%
                                                                               Oxybenzone-3.0%
For 25days
After seeing hydroquinone, i got afraid and not started to apply it yet ...Kindly guide me what to do bcs he is the best in my city...i cant go to any other one
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Advice needed

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

Kojiglo works best for acne blemishes.For any other type of scar,you will need different topical application.

Don't Use Hydroquinone,they are lot of safety concerns around it.Your skin has been doing great,I don't want it to sabotage it.

You could kindly upload a pic,a close up preferably so that I can have a look at it.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
I am uploading the picture dont know how much it will show in the pic but from close one can easily see the line....
I will also upload the picture of my back neck area tomm where also the dark pigmented area is there for which also doctor prescribed hyde that also contains hydroquinone with 5%...bcs its is higly pigmented but i v much concern for my nose bcs its is easily visible...I am very confused...kindly guide me

Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
 the line is not very clear in the pic but u can see it across my nose in the lower area across the nostrils
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

I am sorry but I am not really able to make out correctly plus there is flash.Could you please mark a area using MS paint?
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
In reply to this post by Anu
Hi Dear,
I have tried my level best to edit the picture so to make you see the line... 
Also tell me that can i apply hyde lotion with hydroquinone 5% on my pigmented are on my back with whatever precautions needed or it is also dangerous regarding health and skin....i wont go even a single step ahead without your permission ...Kindly suggest me
God bless u
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

I am sorry but its very unclear.I mean to say mark the problem area by a circle/square/arrow using MS paint so that I know where exactly to look at.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

Thank you for the correction,it is clear now.The mark looks like a vein in the pic.How did you get the mark?Its not that obvious though.

I am not really for Hydroquinone,I have used it like when I was in my teens.Some how I have inhibitions regarding it and I have heard some negative feedback.Why not try Sefpil from Ethicare?It has glycolic acid and mandelic acid,both are AHA's and can lighten marks on your nose and neck.

Also apply sunscreen on neck and other exposed parts of the body even when you are indoors.It is due to sun damage.Quickest remedy is chemical peels.One thing that helped me applying aloe veda aloe vera gel every night,it lightens those sun tan marks on the neck region.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
i will use sefpil dear for the nose....I dont know how i get this mark may be 4 years back at the time of pregnancy but still not sure...
You wrote that u used hydroquinone at your teens and now you have inhibitions for it so did u faced any problem after using it because i also read many negative things about it ...and if it is that bad which such qualified doctors prescribe this.....And do you think that i can use it on my back without any problem or chemical peeling will be better option to fade it? also which chemical peeling do you think will help me to fade these marks and help to get even skin tone...
also i am using facemed gel so can i use sefpil together ....and how to use both together
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

I have used HQ Gel,A Ret HC(Steroid+HQ) and one more I combo of HQ I can't seem to remember.Everytime I used it,I faced a skin irritation.Hence I stopped using them and switched to safer alternatives like retinoids,AHA/BHA's,kojic acid,arbutin,vitamin b/c/e etc.

Hydroquinone is banned in many countries because of safety concerns.Though it lightens marks/hyperpigmentation, studies have shown that it is carcinogenic meaning cancerous.HQ is a bleaching agent,at the max it shouldn't be used beyond 3 months.Long term use will permanently damage the melanin skin cells or pigment cells.

Other side effects of Hydroquinone:
1)Skin irritation/Contact Dermatitis 2)Redness 3)Leathery texture of skin 4)Hypersensitivity of skin 5)Higher risks of hyperpigmentation 6)Hydroquinone causes negative reaction when used with another treatments and cosmetics.

Coming to your another question why doctors prescribe knowing all that?In India,you can procure all medications easily without prescription.There is no mandatory regulation or safety norms.They are tons of drugs which are banned everywhere and is available in India.Since it is easily available,there are high chances of misusing these drugs and medications.It should not be prescribed by doctors either.Tell me how many doctors actually patiently listen to your problem and attend it to properly?Hardly a minute,you are in and out of the clinic.They don't even bother explaining how to use the medication or the side effects.You yourself have seen how corticosteroids are misused and how many complaints I get?HQ,Steroids are carelessly used by brands and marketed as Fairness creams.So we as a consumer also must be aware,read and enquire about the cosmetics we use.I don't see the need to use them when you have top class treatments and clinical procedures.

Chemical peeling will definitely help and give you faster results.I have got it done on face.I have undergone stronger peels on back,hands,neck,under arms to remove sun tan.Hence you see me strongly recommending chemical peeling.Infact, once in while I do glycolic acid peels on my hands to remove sun tan.

As far as you are using Sefpil on nose,don't apply Facemed too.It is just to minimise dryness.Sefpil formula is good and forum feedback is good too.Glycolic and Mandelic acid are both lightening agents as well so might see positive improvements.The mark could be due to hyperpigmentation because of hormonal changes during pregnancy.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Thanks a ton dear i wont use any hydroquinone product ,for back also do i use sefpil only bcs it is highly pigmented or arbutin will be much better option what do u think if yes then which product for the back do i use? after a month i will go to some other doctor and will ask for chemical peeling....how many times i have to use sefpil?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu,

Apply Sefpil on alternate days and see if your skin can handle it.If yes,apply daily.

If you get a opportunity for a peel,just 3-4 sittings will lighten to a great extent.When I used to go to clinics,I use to see lots of ladies getting peels on back for the same purpose.

The skin on body apart from face,underarms are pretty thick so they can sustain these treatments.So Glycolic acid or Kojic acid or Arbutin is fine.

Sepfpil should be fine.There are two more options Demelan cream,it contains Glycolic acid,Kojic acid,Arbutin.You can try any of them.Ethicare has Kozilite Lotion for Body.There is one more Kozilite H with HQ,don't buy that.

Alternatively,you can try to include Ethiglo Soap from Ethicare which contains Glycolic acid,Kojic acid might fasten the process for the back.

And yes apply sunscreen specially when you wear indian outfits.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Ok Dear
So i would opt for sefpil for nose on alternate days sefpil has to apply only on nose and rest face facemed gel evernight...is that ok?
And i will use the soap ethiglo and kojiglo or demelan cream which will be better for back.....
from where i can order all these
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yes that sounds about right.

Ethiglo and other Ethicare products are available on Flipkart/Amazon/Ebay/Ethicare website.
As of now,it is not sold out flipkart/amazon so you can try company website here.

Sefpfil,Kozilite Body Lotion are available online.Buy on Flipkart HERE and HERE.

If you are opting for DeMelan Cream,then you have procure it from pharmacy.Its not available online.
Reply | Threaded
|

Neeti

Hi Pri,
same line is also on my nose,should i also go for sefpil?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Neeti,

If you upload a pic,it will helpful for me to comment.
If its the same scar,then you can use it.
I am guessing you are using Epiduo so don't apply both epiduo and sefpil simultaneously on the nose.
Reply | Threaded
|

Neeti
Yes pri you are right. using both on alternate days. so which one i can use.
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Neeti,

Use Sefpil on nose scar.