5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to prep skin before make up &Concealer suggestions for acne prone skin

gayathri
This post was updated on .
Hello Pri ,

Please don't curse me :D I know I've been MIA since long but trust me there were a lott going on or I wouldn't have gone for so long.
I really really need your suggestion on a good concealer to hide my marks. It has to be pakka natural. That it shouldn't look like concealed wen seen in person :) I just did one session of peeling yestday and though skin isn't peeling, I would like some tips on how to prep the skin before applying makeup. Thanx Pri :) I promise I'll write more very soon
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Super emergency makeup help needed :P

gayathri
This post was updated on .
Attaching pics taken in different lights. So that you can suggest better.
Btw , that dark black mark is a mole :P

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe Hi My dear .Now why would I curse you,every one is busy with their own commitments which I totally understand.I am glad to see your question,after long time.Hope all is good with you

Before I answer your query,congrats on clearing your acne.I am very happy for you.You just have a few blemishes which will clear up very soon too

Try the Loreal True Match Concealer,it is high coverage and non-comedogenic concealer.It is my fav!It is easy to blend and looks natural too.Do not rub a concealer or apply directly from the wand as it could contaminate the product.Apply a little concealer on the back of your hand,take a small eye shadow or concealer brush or clean fingers on dab on the spot.Dab and blend it,until blemish is not visible.This way you are depositing the product on the blemish and concealing it.You can use your fingers to pat it as warmth of the hand will help it blend.Do not rub as it will take away the product.

Go to a store and try the shades and find the closest match to your skin tone.Correct shade of concealer makes all the difference.Loreal has 3 shades:Light-Medium/Medium/Medium-Deep.I think you will need medium.

Coming to how to prep skin for make up:
1)Cleanse your hands and face.
2)Apply Sunscreen+Moisturiser(Day time)/Moisturising Sunscreen/Moisturiser(Evenings).Leave it on for couple of minutes before you proceed with next application.
3)Applying a primer is optional.It mattifies and improves longevity of make up.
4)Else go ahead with foundation/concealer/compact.

Remember to wash your make up brushes and sponges once a week else it lead to breakouts.

Hope this helps!
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Awww sweet of you darling girl :) thanx for the wonderful suggestions. I'll get back to you soon. You take care :)

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Sure Take care hun