Is NARS Sheer Glow Foundation suitable for acne prone skin?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is NARS Sheer Glow Foundation suitable for acne prone skin?

Deepika
This post was updated on .
Hey priyanka 😊..how are u gal? First of all thankyou for introducing us amazing products..i am currently using sunprotek sunscreen and i am loving it a lot 😊..it absorbs quickly without leaving any white cast..and yess my acne is getting better with epiduo and i need to go for prescription now as i am getting over with this..one more thing dear..Can u plz help me again.actually my friend gifted me Nars sheer glow foundation on my birthday  and she said its non comedogenic though I doubt..can u please tell me if its comedogenic or not 😑..Thank you ☺
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is NARS Sheer Glow Foundation suitable for acne prone skin?

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Deepika.How are you?I just thought about you yesterday,wondering about your updates and then you posted.

It was a relief reading your post that you are doing good.I am very glad to know that your skin is improving..I think you can ask for prescription for Epiduo.Sunprotek Sunscreen is really great option for acne prone,specially if one is on treatments.It moisturises and provides sun protection.

Coming to Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.Heard a lot of about it and I saw they cater to so many skin tones.

The good points:
It is oil-free and matte foundation.
There are no highly or moderately comedogenic ingredients.

Though there is one negative point:
Since it is a matte foundation,it is a silicon based foundation.First 5 ingredients suggests high presence of silicones.Though dimethicone is mildly comedogenic and unless skin is severely acne prone,most oily-acne prone skin types can get by it.

But since you have developed sensitive skin over a while,it is bit of a risk.Ideally as suggested to you before, silicone,sls,paraben-free products favour your skin type.It might work too because of Epiduo.You can try for a day or two and if  you do not experience no breakouts or rashes or irritation,you can continue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
I am good dear..hehe telepathy of course it is..wow I dont believe that this foundation is clean bcoz most high end products are not non comedogenic 😯..I heard a lot about this before but didn't bother much about buying it..I dont know if silicones works for me or not though I use colorbar primer a lot which I suppose contains dimethicone😮..I will surely use this foundation in this weekend to see if it works or not😟..P.S- sorry about the wrong subject😱Thank you 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe I know right,I am like looking at the ingredients list again and again saying "wow it is actually non-comedogenic from Nars" .If Colorbar primer which is again a silicon content works for you then this foundation might as well work for you too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Wow that's great..I am so happy😀..I have heard that Nars makes the best bases but couldn't agree that much 😛..Thankyou gal 😊..Good night and take care❤
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe ya heard great things about NARS.I have been planning buy the Laguna contour powder and blushes.Shipping to India,costs more than the products.

You Take care dear
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Yes I know about the shipping charges😷..I haven't tried anything from Nars.. Do review these products please when u get them..and yes I am waiting for ur next post..the concealers😀
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Sure hun,if I get access to Nars will do

Concealers post will be up after giveaway ends I think.Any suggestions from your end?Have you tried the Estee Lauder Double wear concealer or any of the MAC concealers?
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
OK dear i am waiting😊..I haven't tried ester lauder but I have Mac prolongwear concealer and its amazing in all aspects..coverage and shade selection is quite good.. I have heard that Mac studio finish spf35 concealer is also good but I am waiting for ur review😛
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Thanks hun I will look into these