classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Light brown patch on cheekbone-sunburn?

Abhionly
This post was updated on .
Hi, from past one year, the skin near my cheekbone got lighter than the usual skin color and then turned a very light brown patch . Thinking it to be sunburn ,started using suncote sunscreen gel but to no change in skin .
 I use these:
 Himalaya lemon face wash,suncote, Neutrogena combination moisturiser and at times boutique cucumber toner . No face scrubs or face packs at all .
I can't afford high end products . Will be comfortable with budget products .
Please look into the issue and help . Have attached the pics.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Light brown patch on cheekbone-sunburn?

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Abhi,

You are facing Hyper pigmentation or Melasma.It could be hormonal or due to sun damage.

Firstly be religious with a sunscreen.Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen every single day irrespective of whether you are indoors or outdoors or cloudy or rainy.Reapply every 3 hours.

You mentioned in your mail,you are using Suncote and you are not seeing any difference.You need to understand the purpose of using sunscreen is to protect skin from sun damage.It will not lighten any scars or pigmentation.

Here is the regimen for you:
Morning:Glogeous Face wash+Suncote/Sunprotek Sunscreen
Night:Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel or Himalaya Lemon Face wash+Olliza gel(Apply on entire face and leave it on overnight)

Discontinue Biotique Toner,it is totally useless.You can look into Plum Green Tea or Chamomile Toner.

Do not use any scrubs.

Use Neutrogena moisturiser whenever you required.

If you find Glogeous expensive,you can look into AHA Glow.But the formula of glogeous is milder and better than AHA Glow.AHA Glow might cause some dryness.

Olliza gel is available on amazon and clickoncare.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Abhionly
Hi :-) following the regimen has helped me to a great extent. It's been two and a half or three months...My hyperpigmentation has reduced to a grt extent leaving a very light patch in those areas and am hoping it'll gradually vanish :-) .  I just wanted to thankyou a looOt (((hugs))).

I follow aha glow facewash(sometimes Himalaya lemon) ,suncote sunscreen (which I find a bit shiny,but am happy with it..Dabbing some compact ) if there is any alternative which is less shiny please suggest . I also use Neutrogena combination skin moisturizer , no scrubs .

off late am getting really bad dark circles undereyes .. is there anything I can use like an affordable cream or gel.?
Please do let me know and thankyou so much
 Regards,Abhi
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Abhi,

Firstly Congrats, very happy that your acne has cleared.

If Suncote is not okay then try matte sunscreens like La Shield or Ansolar or Sunmate.All are available on amazon and clickoncare.com

For dark circles, you can look into Sebamed eye cream or Eyelite Eye cream.

And please do not use scrubs.They irritate acne prone skin.