classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need to update acne regimen

Deepika
This post was updated on .
Hello priyanka😊..how are you gal?how's life going? I am doing well with my skin and allergies but I needed to ask u a question bcoz I am so confused..do u think that the products which we used earlier while going on treatment causes u the same infection or problem later??..I am asking you bcoz I have realised that whenever I use triacnael  or clindamycin on my face I got little bumpiness around my lips or mild inflammation around my lips next morning..and I have recently experimented again with triacnael and at that day I haven't applied anything on my lips but same thing happened next morning..what do u think?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Need help again

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Deepika,

How are you?How is life?

Its possible that your skin developed sensitivity due to all the allergies and corticosteroids.So if you are sure then discontinue both Triacneal and Clindamycin.I don't want to risk it when things have been good.

How about giving Epiduo a shot once skin calms down?If it suits you then you could probably get a prescription there in US.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Hi dear😊..everything is good..hws weather there?..hmm that's what I thought but needed a suggestion from u..I have two tubes of epiduo..will start using epiduo now..one more thing..what do u think of kielhs midnight recovery concentrate? I have heard very good reviews about this but don't know how will it fares with our type of skin?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Deepika,

I am good.Life is good too.Weather is crazy here.Monsoons have started here and pours here 24/7.Hot summers are definitely going away.What about you?How is work?Hectic as ever I guess

Kindly do not use Keihl's Midnight Serum,it has about 10 oils and 15 comedogenic ingredients.There is no anti-bacterial or anti-acne ingredients.This serum works best for normal and mature skin types.Definitely not our friend!!.I look around for other options.

Try one tube of Epiduo and see if your skin is able to adjust.Then we will see what to do next.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
24/7 rain omg 😯..here weather is good..not too sunny not too cold..work is as usual hectic and tiring 😑..I am asking for serum or something like that bcoz I need something for my two or three pimples which keeps erupting every single day though I use kaya night cream daily..my friend using this serum and she told me to use this one..she has combination skin but anyways I won't use this ..can I apply epiduo as a spot treatment and then followed by kaya night cream?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Keihl's midnight serum is a intensive moisturiser.There is no other benefits.Serums are concentrated oils.Definitely not recommended for oily-acne prone skin.Unless they have ingredients like retinoids,vitamin C,azelaic acid etc they will not treat acne.

Kaya Night Cream has Vitamin C so do not use with Epiduo(Retinoid) as it deactivates vitamin a in retinoids.

Do not use acne treatments only as spot treatment,you are not really taking full advantage of the product.Apply on entire face and if necessary a little extra on acne/acne blemishes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
OK 😊...but can I apply alternatively epiduo and kaya cream?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yes you can alternate them.There should be minimum 24 hours gap between them.

And yes adjust the frequency depending on how your skin handles it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Deepika

Current situation of my skin (last week)
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Deepika you definitely need a acne treatment cream.Serums will make it worse.I really hope Epiduo suits you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Me too dear😢...will start using epiduo today itself..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Don't lose heart Deepika,we have conquered bigger problems with your Perioral/Contact dermatitis.It will be alright in couple of weeks, we can sort this out too.

Also change your pillow cases every day.No hair oils too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
I will surely do..Thank you for ur immense support dear❤..will update u after few weeks..Goodnight
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Sure hun,it will alright very soon.Take care.God bless you
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
U too😊..God bless u too dear😊
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

I wanted to pitch in here ! Deepika, please don't fall prey for such luring high end products. They are not one bit good. I've used all such ones- Estee lauder, Kiehls with zero results and aggravating my acne in the past. Go for products that Pri suggests and that will do your skin good. Tc

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Gayathri Thank you darling for trusting me and for dropping by
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
In reply to this post by gayathri
Thanks gal😊..just saw ur reply..u r right but these high end products are so tempting 😛hehe..but its good to stay away from them for our skin types..Thank you again 😊