classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pigmentation in the mouth corners

gayathri
This post was updated on .
Hello Pri , hw yu duing darling? Hws summer treating you?  There is a lil bit of rain at my place calming down the heat.I want your help in a long standing doubt I have Pri.  As a child, I drooled so much while sleeping and even now I drool a lot f saliva sometimes. Don't know because of that or what, but I have this darkness in the corners of lips thats making mouth look overall wider in some pictures and all. I've tried lightening creams with kojic acid and such in those spots but they don't  seem to help. Can you suggest any treatment for this like any kind of laser or something Pri ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pigmentation around mouth area

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Gayathri.How are you?I am good.Its raining every single day in Bangalore.So weather is lil' better.

Drooling does cause pigmentation.Skin irritation due to Saliva.

Pigmentation around mouth area is indication of hormonal problem also known as Melasma.Commonly seen in women.Did you check your thyroid levels,PCOS etc recently?

Topically Kojic acid,Arbutin,Niacinamide etc helps.Did you try Kojiglo?What creams have you used?
Clinically treatments like Laser,Mild peels like Lactic acid,Kojic acid,Argi peel helps too.

Do not forget to use a sunscreen during day as well.Sun damage further darkens it.

Off late SLS and Fluoride tooth pastes are also causing this problem.So it will be a good idea to switch to SLS-free and Fluoride-free tooth paste.I am using Vicco Vajradanthi.

One more reason is your lip care products-lipsticks/lip balms etc.Vaseline used to do that to me.What products are you using?
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Hey Pri,

I've tried kojivit but I don't think its hormonal or sumthing because I have it since long. Its only there in the corners of lips so you think peels will be safe there Pri?
Also guide me what peels I should go for severe tan in arms Pri. Are they available in Kaya bcos my derm does not do peels for arms :(

Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri
In reply to this post by DivaJournals

And I forgot mentioning Pri, I've been using Vicco vajradanti since a month or two after seeing your review and its very good I must say. I don't use any lip products though Pri.

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Gayathri.Honestly I never had good experience with Kojivit and either have I heard good feedback about it.You should try KojiGlo Gel though,I quite like it.

You can try any of the mild peels like Lactic acid peel,Kojic acid peels,Argi Peels from 10-80% concentration.They use these peels for dark circles,pigmentation,blemishes etc.I have tried these and they aren't harsh like Glycolic/Salicylic/TCA peels.

Regarding Tan,its either Glycolic acid or TCA peels.I have undergone these peels and I still do.Peels are best solutions for tan.The concentration of peels is high because unlike face,the skin is more thick and withstand stronger peels.I am not sure if Kaya offers those services,you can enquire.

I am glad you are happy with Vicco Vajradanti Toothpaste.
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Thanx Pri. I'll look into kojiglo for sure. Where do you get the peels for arms Pri?

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe I have been doing it myself since my doctor relocated.
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Oh ! I know I know :) you are an intelligent derm urself ;) why don't you post us about how you do Pri ? Ofcourse with disclaimer of duing it safe :P

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe funny.There are some risks associated with it.It has to be done with caution.Beginner who does not know tries and things go wrong,they will blame me so I never recommend any one to try it on themselves.It is best done under medical supervision.
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Yes I get it ! Nonethless I'll try and hunt if anyone does it here :(

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Sure do ask around.Chemical peel is a popular skin procedure.