classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Skin Update after 2months of Epiduo Acne Regimen

rehab
This post was updated on .
Hi priyanka hru it's long time I dint give my skin care update...I m happy with the   progress my skin has done..
 Attached few pictures of my  skin... now I m concerned about blackheads on my nose they R too much...looks blacks when exposure to air.. basically oxidises...it's only nose region they keep coming ...dunno what to do...
And second thing is the few spots left what to do n pigmentation as well..basically how to get a spot free skin hehe I know I m asking too much...
My current skin care regime
Morning face wash aha glow
Followed with suncote gel
Night kaya soothing cleanser
Epiduo pea size full face alternate nights I m using...
And also wanted a good bb cream or very light foundation for daily wear...
Can u also suggest a good face mask for tan ...since everyday i m exposed to sun for an hour...
Also can v use apple cider vinegar mixed with water as toner...I m noticing open pores around my cheeks what to about that...is using toner after washing necessary... sorry alot of questions asked...thanks alot for helping me in battle of acne ;p

Before Epiduo Acne Regimen:

After 2 months of following Epiduo Acne Regimen:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Skin Update after 2months of Epiduo Acne Regimen

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rehab,

Firstly congrats on your progress,I am so happy for you.You are doing so great and you sound so positive too

There is clear difference between your before/after pics,hopefully your story will encourage other acne suffers too

Coming to your queries,
1)Blackheads is also acne too,when it is oxidised it turns to black.It is bit stubborn more of acne.Epiduo will gradually help that too,give it time. You could try those nose strips which is available on amazon,health &glow etc.

Another clinical treatment process is called Electro cauterisation where they burn off the blackheads.It is pain free,faster and safe procedure to remove blackheads.

Do not under any cost use a blackhead extraction tool yourself or in the salon,they will only cause more acne breakouts.

2)Add Olliza gel in the nights along with Epiduo.It will help your another skin concerns.It is available on clickoncare.com and amazon. Olliza gel is a 12% Glycolic acid which does not cause any dryness or other side effects. I am loving this one! Apply and leave it on overnight.

Night 1:Epiduo
Night 2:Olliza gel

Rest of regimen remains same.

3)Do not use BB Creams,most ones available in the market are highly comedogenic and not meant for acne prone skin.

Look into Maybelline Fit Me Foundation which gives you Light-Medium Coverage.It is so much better than these BB creams,water based,matte,non comedogenic,easier on the pockets-my other personal fav!

4)Sunscreen is extremely important part of skin care.Use it every single day religiously even if you are indoors,raining or cloudy too. Reapply every 2-3 hours.

5)You can look into Plum Green Tea Face pack,its a good one.It is available on flipkart and amazon.

6)I haven't tried apple cider vinegar yet, it is too acidic to be used as a toner on a daily basis.Eitherways,I will advise you to stay away from these home remedies,diys.It is a risk with acne prone skin. Instead use Plum Green Tea Toner,twice a day. It will surely make the difference. A few of our readers,are using these products too including myself.

Hope this helps,once again congrats and good going!Maintain this regimen.
 Take care of yourself!
Reply | Threaded
|

rehab
Thanks alot priyanka I was so eagerly waiting for your reply
 it's all because of you  that I m acne free today after a struggle of ten yrs phew!!... seriously wen to so many dermatologist but nothing worked it made worse...I feel happy that at least now I know how to go about treating with right products and hopefully my kids wouldn't hav to suffer like me if they go through this phase...

Ok I will order olliza gel right away...jus a small question does it hav any side effects I mean I m daily spending time in sun definitely i do wear sunscreen...

And regarding blackheads I'll use as u said now onwards on my nose as well will give it a try...I tried pore strips but very few come out not the deeper ones..how about neutrogena blackhead eliminating scrub.

I'll order toner n mask of plum as well..I need a good moisturiser a nice hydrating one since now winter coming...I m using aloe veda but I feel my face tight after applying dunno why..
Can I use glomed face wash ...with this regimen in morning instead of aha glow since I feel it's drying near mouth area n rest of the face turns oily after an hour of washing..

Lastly can u suggest a good shampoo conditioner n hair mask for oily scalp and also can I use eyelite cream in this regimen

Sorry alot of questions ...
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Rehab loving the positive change in you,you sound so happy,hopefulGod bless you.It gives me immense joy when I hear back from readers and are acne freeBelieve me I know,what it means to be acne-free

Coming back to your queries:
1)I have been using Olliza gel from 4 months along with Epiduo,haven't really faced any side effects.Since you are a beginner,you might face a bit of dryness but nothing a moisturiser can't fix.The formula of Olliza is really mild and effective.

2)As I said before,sunscreen is crucial part of any skin care.You must be extra careful when on acne treatments,the skin can sensitive to sun so always apply the sunscreen during the day time and you are good to go!Here is a detailed article:Is Sunscreen really necessary?

3)Do not use any scrubs.They are harsh on acne prone skin and tend to irritate the skin.Using exfoliants like glycolic acid,salicylic acid,retinoids have more long term benefits.

I have undergone cauterisation and micro dermabrasion to remove blackheads.You can read about it here and here.

You could perhaps try those egg white with tissue or charcoal-gelatin DIY on youtube,since your blackhead problem is only nose.

I saw some good nose strips in the stores,may be give those a shot again.

Unlike acne,blackheads will take longer to heal.Once I started Epiduo,they gradually started to disappear.So give it time.

4)You can look into Sebamed moisturising cream.

I normally opt for moisturising sunscreens,to avoid using multiple products.You can look into Sunprotek Gel sunscreen.

5)Hold off on Glomed for few more days.Now the weather is cold,skin will be dry plus you will be adding Olliza too.So wait for 2 weeks or so and if you face no dryness,then you can consider adding Glomed once a day.

Plum products are glycolic acid products too.

6)You can dab a little moisturiser on dried areas and blot off oil using a tissue.If you wear make up,you can dust a little powder too.

7)You can definitely use Eyelite cream every night before bed.Even Sebamed eye cream is good.

8)Sunsilk and Dove are good budget options.Matrix,Herbal essences are good. The mask I have been using from Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothening  range.I think OGX,Loreal Professional ones are good too.I would also recommend using leave in conditioners or hair serums.Loreal professional have really good ones.

And you are welcome to ask as many as queries you want,please don't ever be sorry.Happy to help.Just might not be able to reply immediately,but will surely get back to you in a day or two
Reply | Threaded
|

rehab
hi priyanka how are you...i m doing good..i hav few questions ...skin progress is good i m using olliza n epiduo they are working good will update pictures after few days....i wanted to know a good face serum i heard alot on about it on youtube let me know if its good for our skin type...thebodyshop products are they good for our skin since i didnt find any reviews on ur blog about that range...how abt facial oils as well are they good for acne prone...

also is exfoliation also important to b done twice a week ...i  heard it absorbs the product well and gets rid of the flaky skin....

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rehab,

Hope you are doing good. Apologies for the late response.

Glad to know things are good on your end.

Coming to your queries, no body shop products cause most of them are comedogenic meaning they are not suitable for acne prone skin.

All the acne products you are using the regimen like Epiduo, Olliza, Glogeous are itself excellent exfoliants and you don't need anything more. They do much more than scrubs in much healthier way.Besides I do not recommend scrubs as they are abrasive and aggravate acne prone skin.

Facial oils normally don't work so well with acne prone skin cause most of them are comeodgenic.I am still on out the look out for such product. Besides as I mentioned above, your acne products are 2 in 1. They also come with anti aging benefits. You don't need anything more. Keep the regimen simple and minimum, don't go with trends.You are doing great so keep it going
Reply | Threaded
|

rehab
Thanks alot for your reply priyanka it's fine I can understand...Okay I'll follow what u told and thanks for clarifying all doubts... One more question I wanted to know have u tried facial brushes are they fine to use for our skin typeAnd if it's good to add vitamin c serum is it suitable what are its pros n cons...
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Rehab,

I am not a fan of facial brushes. Acne prone skin is something which will get easily get irritated so don't fall for these trends. It does not suit everybody. The products you are using do more than good than these any of trends.

Vitamin C cannot be used with retinoids/epiduo hence I normally do not suggest.
Reply | Threaded
|

rehab
hi priyanka how are i m doing fine folowing the same regimen but still acne marks are taking time to fade i understand it takes time...

i wanted to know a good water based sunscreen...i was using la shield 40 spf but this summer in hyderabad makes my face super oily n greasy i dab compaq but still looks really dark n dull skin for winters it was very good...  previously i used suncote gel and lakhme those broke me out n leave a white cast when i sweat....can u suggest more mattifying...i saw loreal aqua essence u have reviewed but its comedogenic ...