Skin and hair care regimen for swimmers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Skin and hair care regimen for swimmers

Sangu
Finally I am giving break to gym and joining swimming from coming week. What skin and hair care regimen I should follow both pre- and post swimming? Any special guidelines Priyu  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Skin and hair care regimen for swimmers

DivaJournals
Administrator
Welcome back to the forum Sangu after a really long time

Good that you have opted for swimming,its a fantastic way to stay healthy and even from acne point of view.

Here are the skin and hair care tips I followed:

1)Go for swimming early in the morning like before 7am or in the evenings after 6pm.This is the best way to avoid tan.

2)Always shower with plain water before you enter the pool.

3)Apply a water proof sunscreen like LA Shield,Ansolar Gel Sunscreen or Sunmate Gel if you are swimming during the day on entire body.

4)Wear a latex swimming cap and cover your hair as much as possible.Additionally you can apply a little bit of serum too.

5)If you have sensitive eyes and ears,then wear those eye goggles and ear plugs.They really help.

6)Once you have get off the pool,go for a quick shower with soap and rinse off all the chlorinated water.Follow with a moisturiser in the evenings or sunscreen in the mornings.

7)Coming to your hair,rinse your hair with plain water everyday.Every alternate day,use a very mild shampoo  to wash your hair.

8)Always dry your swim wear and accessories once you reach home.It is very important to wear clean and dry swimwear.Wash them couple a times a week.

Hope this helps
Reply | Threaded
|

Sangu
Thank you dear. For time being I am using Neutrogena sunscreen which is a water proof sunscreen. All your tips are helpful.
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
You are welcome Sangu