classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Skin update

Deepika
This post was updated on .
Hi Priyanka 😊..how are you dear? This is my current skin condition..I don't know where I am doing wrong..need ur help again.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Skin update

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Deepika,

What happened?Did you change any products?I suspect it could be one of the make up products?Can you list all the skin care and make up products you are currently using?
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Hey dear, I am using
- Neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser
- kaya daily use spf15 sunscreen and sunprotek spf 50 sometimes
-clinique moisture surge as a moisturizer if not Epiduo
- smashbox primer in light
- estee lauder double wear on weekends
-Bobbi brown select sheer compact powder
😕
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Dear,

Since when are you having breakouts?Did you notice breakouts when you added any particular product?

As of now,I want you to take it easy with make up and stick to Lancome BB cream.Do you use any contours,bronzers,highlighters etc?

What is the frequency of Epiduo you are currently using?

I also want you to additionally undergo some hormonal tests like thyroid,pcos,sugar,deficiencies etc.

Have you made any changes diet wise?It could also be due to food allergy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Hi dear 😊..I have gone through all these medical tests except sugar one in this january only and it came out well..when it comes to makeup, yes I use Mac soft and gentle highlighter more often..I used cetaphil moisturizer on my face last month and next day when I woke up I got few more pimples but I think its non comedogenic..I dont know if this moisturizer caused me break out or something else ?I apply Epiduo every alternate day at night .
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Deepika,

Since Acne is a hormonal problem,I would always advise one to get routine tests done.

Your Mac highlighter is the culprit here.Most of the MAC,The Balm,Tarte cosmetics are highly comedogenic hence I do not recommend them for acne prone folks.You always have to be very careful while choosing products because just one comedogenic ingredient/product is enough to cause havoc on the skin and sabotage the anti-acne effects of epiduo acne regimen.

Coming to Cetaphil moisturizer,it is comedogenic.It has broken me out as well hence I am not a big fan of Cetaphil products.

I would advise to discontinue these products and stick to products which have worked for you and completely avoid adding new skin care/make up products.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
OK dear then I would run all of blood test this week for sure..Ohh my God are these comedogenic 😯..I didnt have any idea..I have been using this highlighter since feb and cetaphil I heard that its good for acne prone folks even doctors recommend it here and I got whole cetaphil products as a gift from our fellow..anyways I am not gonna use this ever in my life again.. One more question..can I apply my moisturizer first  and then epiduo on my face ?Thankyou dear for enlighten us 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe you are most welcome and happens to the best of us

You can try some powder highlighters or eye shadows to highlight your face.

I some how feel the rich emollient cream base of Cetaphil is comedogenic.Every time I tried,it has broken me out.

Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Which highlighter you use? I think I should ask u first every time I buy makeup😆..Hehe..Can I apply moisturiser first and then apply Epiduo on my face?Happy Dhanteras to u and to ur family 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
I know right,its difficult to choose products for our skin type

I use MUA Highlighter Powder.I believe they are dupes for NARS.

You can apply moisturiser and then apply Epiduo.But I would suggest you apply Epiduo on cleansed bare skin.Unless you are facing any dryness,there is no need to buffer Epiduo.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
OK dear I will keep those things in mind 😊..I dont think I will get makeup revolution brand here😟..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
MUA is Make up Academy,a subsidiary of Make up revolution.You can check out their site,they ship worldwide if I am not wrong.

2 other highlighters which I am seeing often on youtube are Becca Cosmetics and ABH.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Are these highlighters fine for our skin ? If so, then I am going to buy any one of this soon..Thankyou dear❤
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Becca highlighter is mildly comedogenic.No ingredient disclosure on ABH.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
I think I should be fine with midly comedogenic product..need to buy this 😁
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hehe I think so too And sorry I missed it,wish you and your happy happy&prosperous diwali
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Thankyou dear 😊..Happy Diwali to u and to ur family 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator