Which BHA and AHA product I can add to my regimen for good maintainence of my skin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Anu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Which BHA and AHA product I can add to my regimen for good maintainence of my skin

Anu
Hi Priyanka,
How r u dear? I want u to suggest me the BHA product and AHA product to add in my regimen
My current Regimen:
Morning: kaya soothing cleansing gel face wash+sunprotek gel
Evening: kaya soothing gel+auriga vit C serum
My concern is initially i was using a facemed gel having .5% salislic acid which helped me alot to cure my whiteheads...but now i stopped it and no BHA product is there in my regimen...Kindly suggest which saliscylic acid product with low concentration can i add to my regimen also glycolic acid product that can i apply two or three times a week ...
Thanks alot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Which BHA and AHA product I can add to my regimen for good maintainence of my skin

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Anu,

Facemed gel consists of 5% Vitamin C,6% Nicotinamide,and 0.5% Salicylic acid.So Vitamin C,Nicotinamide,and Salicylic acid helps with acne not just one of them.Nicotinamide is a very effective ingredient against acne,it is a Vitamin B derivative.

Auriga is 8% Vitamin C so I don't see the need to include additional product.If you are keen on introducing a product then try Sebogel from Ethicare,it has 2% Salicylic acid and 6% Nicotinamide.The composition of Salicylic acid is more than Facemed gel.

Other Salicylic acid products you could try are Speelac face wash(2%),Clean & Clear Oil Balancing Moisturiser (0.5%),Saslic facewashes(1-2%),Ethicare Cutishine Facewash(2%).

Glycolic acid facewashes you know by now- Glogeous,Cutishine,Glomed.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Which BHA and AHA product I can add to my regimen for good maintainence of my skin

Anu
Ok dear,
But is 2% salislic acid is not a high concentration...is there something with 1% salislic acid?
And also what is the difference in the effect of AHA and BHA product if they are to be applied in the form of face washes where they wash off and the gel or lotion where it stays in to the skin for longer duration...
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Alpha hydroxy acids(AHA's) are fruit acids like glycolic acid,citric acid,malic acid,lactic acid,tartaric acid.
Beta hydroxy acids(BHA's) is salicylic acid.

AHA's are more beneficial and effective than BHA in the long run.I personally had more success with AHA than BHA.There is also that possibility that Salicylic acid might not suit everyone and it helps mild acne and not moderate/severe acne.

There is 1% Salicylic acid gel called Sebonac Gel.You can check out the review here.Since you are basically looking to treat acne,Sebogel (Salicylic acid+Nicotinamide) formula seems like a better option.

There is 1% Salicylic acid face wash from Cipla known as Saslic.You can check out the review here.But this cleanser does not cleanse thoroughly like Kaya or Neutrogena cleanser so it could clog pores.Plus it also causes dryness so I don't usually recommend it.

AHA/BHA face washes are good options for acne prone skin but since they are rinse off product,they also have limitations so including a treatment gel/cream is more beneficial in the long run along with those face washes.

You can include Sebogel alternate nights or just continue with the regimen.Your skin is doing good so give Auriga Vitamin C couple of weeks to show its effects.You can always go for peels,micro-dermabrasion to accelerate the process.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
You are always so helpful Priyanka...without you i will be really lost..
I will then add sebogel by first buffering it with my moisturiser on alternate days then will add daily...what time i can apply it? will it go in the morning? Also let me know AHA leave on product that is available online....
Thanks alot
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
You are too kind Anu,always happy to help

Buffering Sebogel is good way to include in the current regimen.I think it is still best used at nights since salicylic acid is a exfoliant.Try this:
Night 1-Auriga Vit C
Night 2-Auriga Vit C
Night 3-Sebogel
Night 4-Auriga Vit C
Night 5-Auriga Vit C
Night 6-Sebogel

Currently only 4 Glycolic acid creams/gels are available:
Glyco 6/A but it comes in a comedogenic cream base.
Avene Triacneal since it is also a retinoid,you can't use it with Auriga Vit C.
Ethicare Sefpil is 5% Glycolic acid+10%Mandelic acid.
Olliza gel is 12% Glycolic acid.Aman is using it and he is satisfied it.He said it is not causing dryness despite using it with Epiduo.

As of now,I would suggest you stick to Auriga Vit C+Sebogel since we are focusing on acne and pigmentation.If you are not happy with Sebogel then we will think of some alternative.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Sure,I will do accordingly