bathing soaps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bathing soaps

tittu121
hi divya how are you ?  today my questions will be based on bathing soaps. i saw in forum till nobody asked you about soaps rellated questions therefore i am asking you
1. which soap is good for bath anibacterial like dettol , lifeboy or moisturising like nivea , dove {currently i am using dove in both seasons summer and winter } ?
2. should be used soap in neck or not ? { currently i am using face wash to cleansing neck instead of soap. am i doing write or wrong ? }
3. divya i heard that many times only one soap should be used continous changing soap is bad for body is it true ?
4.in summer season different and winter season different soap using is bad for body ?
5. what is your favourite soaps for in these two seasons summer and winter ? or are you like same soap in all seasons like me ?
6. soaps vs body wash which is better and why ?
7. i heard soaps should not used in private parts its bad is it true ? what is your opinion ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: bathing soaps

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Tittu,

1)Honestly speaking I am not fond of bathing soaps.In my experience they make skin very dry.

Normally the PH level of skin is around 5.5 and these bathing soaps are alkali(High pH) in nature they hamper with skin PH level.

I stopped using bathing soaps almost 10 years ago.I switched to shower gels which are more gentler on skin.Since they come with moisturising properties they do not make skin dry.

If you really want a anti bacterial soap try the sebamed cleansing bar.There are many more pharmacy brands which offer such soaps like Soapex which comes with Triclosan,Azac comes with Azleaic acid,Curatio has a fash bar soap too,Dermadew has 3-4 variants.If you can enquire with local medical store,you don't need a prescription for that.You might find some of them on clickoncare.com

2)Soap can be used on any part of the body.I would recommend using a face wash for face.

3)Frequent changing soaps is a myth.I personally believe if some product works for you then your skin is adjusted to it so I wouldn't recommend changing it.

4)Winters the skin is dry so moisturising soaps/shower gels would be good so that it does not further strip away moisture from skin.Nonetheless you can always follow it up with a body cream/lotion.I don't read see the need to change soaps as per season.

I use Fiama/Nivea Shower Gels.I do not use any soaps.I have reviewed them too,just use the search option on the top right corner.

If your skin is dry you can try shower creams for Dove/Nivea but I am very inclined to gel formulations.

5)As I answered before I prefer shower gels any time.

6)Bathing soaps normally aren't recommend for private parts for women.Shouldn't be a issue for men.
Reply | Threaded
|

tittu121
divya thankyou for your quick response and tremendous opinion and your detailed answer. me and many of our forum friends have known your beauty secret is shower gels just joking.
divya  1. i know shower gels used  in the help of loofah but my question is loofah is safe ?
2. how frequent should we changed loofah ?
3.how to clear loofah germs free that means how to clear loofah ?
4.in private part can also used loofah or just hand ?
5.how much amount of shower gel should we used ?
6.one silly question how to prevent loofah to our guest{mehmaan} i dont know they accidentally used my  loofah our intentionally in this situation  you how to handle it ?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Haha yes yes I am quite find of Shower gels.I have hyperthyroidism so one of the symptoms is extreme dry skin condition.It makes life hell really so no soaps for me. Because of shower gels,I rarely use body moisturisers too.With soaps,I had to compulsorily apply body creams twice a day.

1)Yes Loofah is safe.Its just like any other body scrubber,except that it is not harsh on skin like other scrubbers.It aids is mild exfoliation too.You can get it online from amazon or flipkart,costs around Rs 80.

2)If the loofah has lost its shape or the if the fibres have disintegrated then you can change the loofah.I bought Faces Canada loofahs long back.They are the best.They last like a year which is extremely good value for the money.For some reason it is not easily available now.

3)After you take bath,just run the loofah under tap or shower water until soap is completely washed off and then hang it to dry.It is important that loofah must be dry before next use.

4)You can use loofahs or hand to clean your private area.

5)Usually about 2 tea spoons is enough,depends on the brand.Little quantity is enough as loofah does the job of lathering.

6)Always keep a separate loofah,may be a separate colour.Tell them not to use it.Otherwise hang it to dry where you put your clothes to dry with a clip instead of bathroom.Perhaps you can buy another loofah for guests.