classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

confusion between Perioral & contact dermatitis

Deepika
Hey priyanka :)..how are you? i am here again with a big confusion now :P
After using Avene triacnael cream around my mouth for one week i realised that i cannot bear any more pain now..it irritates a lotttt..whenever i apply that around my mouth,i always end up tears in my eyes..it was really painful..i thought my skin is very dry thats y it stings a lot and sure will eventually gets better but no dear :(..though i am applying Avene Skin recovery skin on my face..and then i decided to go for Physician and thought that may be this time she would understand me and prescribe me a topical antibiotic..i explained her everything..she was really nice and polite and listened my single word..but here comes the twist :O ..she diagnosed me with contact dermatitis and prescribed me two creams..the one is Desonide ointment 0.05 % and one is Clindamycin phosphate gel 1% (from my prefrence) ..now i am confused what to do ? can you suggest something??
Thankyou :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: confusion between Perioral & contact dermatitis

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Deepika. I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please discontinue Triacneal. From what you have described it sounds like Perioral Dermatitis. Contact dermatitis does not widely happen near the mouth area. Since you have already been to a doctor,I suggest you follow her treatment and see if it helps you. Desonide or Desowen is mild corticosteroid I used long time ago. Remember not to use it for prolonged duration and get back to her after a week or two.If it doesn't I will suggest you visit a dermatologist and get detailed tests done.Hope you feel better soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Ok dear..is this stéroid as harmful as momsure-f ? I dont know what to do :( ..She told me to stop using any lipbalms,lipsticks etc..She Saïd i am allergic to some ingrédient..and Yess i Got my all blood test done in Delhi..they all were ok..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
No I mean there are tests to find out to what ingredient/thing you are allergic.

The common link between Perioral Dermatitis and Contact Dermatitis is Cosmetic Allergy and possibly food allergy.Treatment method is also pretty much on the lines of steroids and antibiotics.You are definitely allergic to something.This is something only you can figure out after testing and observing.What lipsticks are you using?I some how feel she should have given you a oral medication may be oral antibiotic or anti-histamine as she says its a allergy.

Anyway follow her prescription and see if there is any improvement.Desonide is a corticosteroid like Momate Furorate itself.Use it for one week and I think it might calm down.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Yes you are right dear..I should throw my lipsticks or lipglosss now :( ..since my lips are so dry from couple of months so i bought 3-4 shades of maybelline color elixir liquid color balm by color sensational..Its like a Lip gloss..can u check this one plzzz..I dont think Its a food allergy...it should be cosmetic one..and Yess sometimes i also use revlon lipsticks..:(
Thankyou
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
This post was updated on .

these are thé ones i have been using since 3-4 months mainly..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Ya Deepika I have these too.They are moisturising lip gloss.I don't really have problem with Maybelline products.I saw the ingredient list now,it contains silicones.May be you are allergic to it.

Generally lip products contain emollients and moisturisers which are comedogenic.It quiet difficult to narrow down which ingredient is causing the problem.

Did you discontinue these lip products and see any improvement?
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Same here Priyanka..i have used maybelline kajal a lot when i was in India but i never tried their lip glosses even there..these elixir ones were the first i used here becoz of winters..i am not a gloss gal but here winters are pretty harsh and that was my first experience..i am not using these lip gloss anymore since then and i am doing very much fine now..but u know..i have used silicone primer(colorbar one) and its really good but now i am wondering why i didn't get allergies then :D
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Ya I use Colorbar primer too.Primers are basically silicone only,it is what helps blurring those imperfections and creates a smooth base for make up.

I can't say for sure that it is this particular ingredient that is causing you problems.This Maybelline Gloss contains 20-25 ingredients.Silicones/Dimethicones was just a hunch,off late it is a problematic ingredient.Unless you go for detailed tests,its not possible to tell anything for sure.Nonetheless it is not worth the agony you are facing.Discontinue you them for couple of days.If there is improvement,switch to different brands and test it out.I do hope it subsides soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Yess u are right :)..I dnt think silicones is responsible for that..there is something in that gloss but not silicones..I am not using them..using lipstick instead which I love more than Lip glosses :) ...Thankyou dear for everything :)
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Try matte ones,they usually don't bleed.It might help.Hope you feel better soon.Do loop me in.Take care
Reply | Threaded
|

Deepika
Yess gonna visit sephora soon for that :) ..Thankyou :*