cracks in heels

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

cracks in heels

vasavi arun
Hello Pri:)Hope you are doing good..Pri... Since I have dry skin... I often suffer from cracks in heels and sometimes in toes... I scrub the old skin off whenever needed.   And apply jelly or for cream... But it didn't work off... So consulted a dermatologist and he gave two ointments... One named fucidin to close and fix the cracks and above it has to applied dipsalic which is an antibiotic he told to cure it.... I followed it... But still after two or three days... I get the problem again :-! I hope some among us would also be needing some tips on this.... Thank you Pri... U r really a Diva to us :)Lots of love n thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: cracks in heels

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Vasavi,Thank you for your kind wordsFucidin is a steroid,I don't know why doctors prescribe them for small skin issues even though it is not required.

I will suggest a few remedies that has helped me:
1)Start wearing soft slippers inside the house.It protects your feet from getting dirty and prevents cracked heels as well.
2)Always wash your feet couple of times in a day with water.Especially when you come from outside and before you go to bed.It is important to keep your feet clean.
3)When you do house chores,don't stand in water for long duration as it causes cracked heels.
4)Once/Twice a week give yourself a pedicure at home.Immerse your leg in a bucket/tub of hot water with a little bit of salt,lemon and shower gel/shampoo.Soak it for 15-20 minutes,this helps feet to soften up.Then use a foot file to remove the calluses and dead skin cells.Foot file costs around Rs.100 and you can get it online.This is a major step that helps me and I do it once a week at least.Flipkart link,Amazon link.
5)Apply a foot cream every day before you go to bed.Remember to wash your feet and apply a moisturising foot cream.If your cracks are severe,massage the cream and wear socks as it will provide deep hydration.

Foot creams suggestions:
1)You can try Xerina from Ranbaxy.It is available on Clickoncare.com and pharmacies.
2)One of our readers Sangu recommends Aroma Magic Camphor Ice Foot Cream..It is available on Amazon HERE. and Flipkart.
3)Scholl has good foot creams too which is available on Amazon HERE.
4)Oriflame foot creams are pretty good too.It is available online as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

vasavi arun
In reply to this post by vasavi arun
Awh! Pri that was more than enough one could ask for :)

You are so so kind!!! And indeed caring, you have not just prescribed creams but explained me step by step what should I do to take care of... I will surely follow this :)

Thanks a ton priyuu :*

God blessss!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

vasavi arun
And I too wonder as you said why did doctor prescribed that and you know PRI, he is one of the best doctors over here .... I'm afraid how! He also gave me a soap named frolix to use... But I stopped it...since I did not like ... Sometimes what to do PRI, we have blindly believe doctors ;(

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Ah happens.These days finding a good doctor who would actually listen and sort out queries is quite rare.It has happened to me also,they unnecessarily prescribe medications which is not required.I am very very against corticiosteroids.

You don't need any of the medications.Follow these steps and you are good to go.Once you are regular with these foot care habits,cracks will gradually heal and become normal.It will also prevent from new ones from forming.This is my foot care routine and it has helped my case as well.Just don't peel the cracks,it might result in injury and delay in skin repair.

Also try to wear those ballerinas type of footwear for a while,it will prevent further damage as it covers the feet.

You can also follow up with scrub or foot scrub after using foot file to cleanse off your feet.

And your are welcome