10 messages Options
Anu
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

needed regimen for problem of aging with preventing acne at the same time

Anu
Hi Priyanka,
Hope you are doing good.I am here again to ask you what regimen next i have to follow as summers are at the door now. First i need to update my skin condition in front of you by strictly following metrogyl regimen for total 4 months..this is the fifth month started and my all products are about to end so before buying the next all i want to ask you what i need to buy now according to my present need.
My present skin condition now: in the last four months i got two pimples and 3-4 white heads so i can say the frequency of getting painful pimples and white heads has reduced to 70% and i get them occasionally .
What i needed now:
Skin type: Dry acne prone
 I want you to design my regimen starting from face wash,moisturiser,spot treatment acne product etc..
1. I want which antiaging cream can i use now with retinol or without retinol..whatever u think is the best which can give me a smooth,clear even tone,firm and younger looking skin without blemishes.
2.I want you to tell me which face wash should i use now if i start the antiaging cream because when i started using ahaglow for the first month my skin became fair but now it is same as previous so i was thinking to go for higher glycolic face wash but at the same time i want to go for aging product with retinol or without..so can i use higher glycolic face washor only a gentle cleanser..kindly advice me
3. Since i still get occasional breakouts and whiteheads so which anti acne product should i use  for prevention or which spot treatment can i use if i get any pimple sometime..
4. Also i want to use fairness cream along with antiaging product on alternate days ..

Summary: kindly design my regimen for anti aging preventing acne at the same time and fair skin that can help me to achieve a clear,smooth,radiant,firm even tone fair and firm younger looking skin and no acne so that no marks..without leaving my skin dry.

Also give your views on 1.olay regenrist deep hydrating serum2.neutrogena healthy skin deep wrinkle cream
3. Roc retinol correction deep wrinkle night cream these are the products that i came across while searching..

But i have 100% faith on you ..for me u r like my dermatologist so kindly design the whole regimen for each day and alternate days whatever.. and can i use proactive refining mask sometimes as prevention but my skin is dry

Love u alot
Thank u so much
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: needed regimen for problem of aging with preventing acne at the same time

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Anu.How are you?Long time no see.I was about to ping you.

I am glad you are doing good.Thank you for trusting me,I am happy that my suggestions are working out for you.

Here is what I suggest:

1)I went through the serums/creams you suggested.Olay ones are comedogenic.Neutrogena is quite okay.ROC is similar to Triacneal plus both these aren't available in India.

So what I suggest is Dr.Reddy's Strea A15 Pure Retinol Vegi capsules.It comes in a catridge containing 28 capsules.All you have to do to take one capsule,twist it and apply the serum/liquid on cleansed face during nights.You can also mix it with aloe vera gel or any moisturiser and apply if you wish.You can easily find online or in pharmacies.

As you know I am more inclined to pharmacy products than cosmetic ones.Cosmetic ones are comedogenic and the composition of Retinol is too low.Honestly I can't find a better option than Strea A.With this you won't need any additional products.Retinoids are king of all skin care products and treatments.So Strea A will take care of your Acne,Acne blemishes,Hyper pigmentation,Anti-Aging as well Fairness.You eventually might not need Metrogyl with Strea A.

I have been meaning to try Strea A myself but since I am already using a retinoid(epiduo) its on hold.

2)Face wash:I am not sure if you can handle glycolic acid face washes with retinoid.So you can try with AHA Glow if you face no issues you can try Glomed once a day with your other neutral cleanser which is Kaya I think.I think you will be able to handle it,if not initially use it alternate days so that your skin can get used to it.By the way Ethicare products are available on Flipkart.You can buy Glomed HERE.

By the way I am using Glogeous Face wash.Its really better formula than AHA Glow.I am using it twice a day without facing any dryness plus I see that it lightens blemishes too.So you can try Glogeous instead of AHA Glow with retinoid since you are insisting on including glycolic acid face wash.

3)Coming to occasional breakouts,Strea A should be fine.You can try using Proactiv Sulphur Mask 2-3 times in a week.It will help with breakouts as well.You can buy it on Flipkart HERE.

4)Oh yes please do not forget to use a sunscreen during day.

5)Please do not use Kaya Fairness Night Cream with Strea A as vitamin c in Kaya night cream deactivates vitamin a/retinoid in Strea.There should be minimum 24 hours gap between these two products hence skip kaya night cream.

To Summarise:

Morning:AHA Glow/Glomed+Metrogyl(If required)+Sunscreen.
Evening:Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel+Strea A
Additional Step:Proactiv Mask 2-3 times in a week.

Hope all clear now
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
thanks a lot dear i will do accordingly...but what should i apply for moisturiser if i face any dryness after sunscreen..bcs i need moisturiser after sunprotek..these days i apply kaya night cream or when feel more dryness avene recovery but when i discountinue then what should i apply so that it can well hydrate my skin without any dryness..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
I would ideally suggest Aloe veda Aloe vera gel but it might not be enough for you.

You can try Sebamed Moisturising Cream or Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturiser for Combination skin.
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Thanks priyanka So this is what i designed my regimen as per ur valuable advice:
Morning Gloomed/Glogeous face wash+Sunscreen(MONDAY)
Evening:Kaya soothing gel+Metrogyl(Monday)

Morning:Aha glow+sunscreen+moisturiser if needed(Tuesday)
Evening:kaya soothing gel+Strea A15 pure retinol with alovera gel(tuesday)

wednesday: Morning Gloomed/glogeous+
Proactive refining mask after wash will apply sunscreen
Evening: kaya soothing gel+moisturiser

Thursday:Morning:Aha glow+sunscreen+moisturiser if needed(Tuesday)
Evening:kaya soothing gel+Strea A15 pure retinol with alovera gel(tuesday)

So like this first i will apply the retinol capsule twice a week then alternate days then daily with neutral cleanser first then aha glow

Is this ok or needed some change kindly advice

Also 1. can i use keracynl face wash in place of gloomed or glogeous bcs u told me in the begining that it has salislic acid,glygolic acid and lactic acid so what u say
2. if instead of this regimen i sometime get a pimple then which spot treatment can i use which can calm down the pimple effectively

Also priyanka the one foundation which u told me loreal true match was really good it gave a high coverage but i saw that it being settled down in some places where i m ving large pores(which i will treat later) instead of applying primer so in future what can i do to avoid this problem so that after make up the face should give a smooth flawless look.

Thanks a lot dear

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Anu.Firstly a correction Glogeous is only 1% Glycolic acid face wash.There is no salicylic acid.Read the review here..Glogeous is more or less like AHA Glow with improved formula.

Glomed is 5% Glycolic acid wash.Read the review here.

It is Ducray Kernacyl Face wash which has 4% Glycolic acid with Salicylic acid,Lactic acid.Read the review here..

If you really want a glycolic acid face wash then go for Glogeous or AHA Glow or Glomed.I don't suggest using salicylic acid products with a retinoid.

The reason for suggesting Glogeous over AHA Glow is AHA glow causes dryness.The new formula of Glogeous did not cause any dryness despite using it twice a day hence I thought it might be okay to use with Strea A.Essentially both are 1%Glycolic acid face washes.Glogeous is free from many of the surfactants used in AHA Glow like SLS,Bronopol etc which minimises dryness and you might be able to use Glycolic acid face wash with a retinoid.

I hope this clears your confusion.

Coming to your regimen,it sounds fine to me.The reduced frequency will give time for your skin to adjust to it and minimise side effects.

Its quite unlikely that you will get breakouts but if you do,dab Metrogyl.Even Proactiv can be used as spot treatment on pimples only.Note do not apply on entire face and leave it overnight.If you apply on entire face,wash it after 15-20 minutes.You can apply Proactiv every alternate day and see if breakouts reduce.If Metrogyl is not sufficient we will have to move to Benzoyl Peroxide or Epiduo which we will decide later after a couple of weeks.

I am glad you like Loreal True Match Foundation.Its my HG foundation.Pores are genetical skin condition and not much can be done about it.Make up wise,only a silicone based primer can smoothen and make it appear less prominently.After applying foundation,dab a little concealer in the area and follow it up with a compact.Before applying make up,you can rub a ice cube over the area as it temporarily tightens and shrinks up the appearance of large pores.You can also try a green tea ice cube.

Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Thank u dear for clearing all my doubts ...A little confusion
what has not to be applied on entire face and has to be washed after 15-20 min is it metrogyl or proactive mask? i.e if metrogyl will be applied  on alternate days as per my regimen do i need to wash it after 15-20 min becuse right now i apply it for overnight or ....?
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
No changes with respect to Metrogyl.

Proactiv mask is a sulphur mask.There are two uses to it:
1)You can use it has regular mask on entire face and rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
2)It can also be used as overnight spot treatment for pimples.If you are using it overnight treatment,don't apply on entire face.It should be applied on pimples only.

I hope I am clear now
Anu
Reply | Threaded
|

Anu
Yeah ok ok everything clear now...will start the regimen from the end of this month once i get all the product..thanks u soooooo much
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Okay dear,you are most welcome