classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

skin care routine for acne and its scars

swapna
This post was updated on .
Hi Priyanka,Hope you are doing well.I have been reading ur reviews quite a while now bt never posted a query so while.I do hv a major concern in terms of acne and their scars. I hv already taken sessions of skin polishing and peels bt peels made my skin real sensitive. Currently I use mixture of malebest and purelite in the night followed by a moisturizer.For acne I used peroduo bt dt worsen evrythng. Suggest me products which wil help me reduce my scars and acne cos the entire glow of my skin is lost nd I feel ashamed.Hoping to receive a response.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: skin care routine for acne and its scars

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Swapna,

Thank you for your kind words.

I am not aware about Malebest and Purelite.What are they?

Chemical peels did not make your skin sensitive.There are some precautions which need to be taken during such procedures which you clearly missed.Bad skin care practices damage skin.

Kindly discontinue all products and go through Epiduo Acne regimen.

Periduo is same as Epiduo but I am not sure if it is a gel formulation.

Using only acne cream cannot help.Using comedogenic products which clog pores and causes acne can sabotage anti-acne efforts of acne treatments.You need to follow systematic skin care routine consisting of non-comedogenic products only with sunscreen,face wash,moisturiser,acne cream.You can read many success stories of Epiduo acne regimen in the forum section where users have posted their experience with the acne regimen with pics.

PS:Kindly do not use SMS lingo.
Reply | Threaded
|

swapna
In reply to this post by swapna
Thank you for your reply. Please note that I am visiting a dermatologist who had suggested me malebest (composition- hydroquinone usp , tretinoin Usp , mometasone furoate ip) and purelite (pine bark extract, kojic acd, sodium ascorby phosphate) as mentioned the dermatologist asked me to apply this cream to reduce scars and acne marks at night for one hour followed by moisturizer. I am scared using epiduo as peroduo caused dryness and redness of the skin, so a little more concerned. Also my dermatologist has suggested to go for photofacial session. Let me know if this will help and how many session should one take maximum.
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Swapna,

All the while you were blaming Epiduo,when you were doing something horribly wrong.

Momametasone Furoate is a corticosteroid which should not be used more than 3-4 days.They come with dangerous side effects and skin sensitivity,acne,pigmentation,redness and the other symptoms are you experiencing are due to side effects of corticosteroids.They also enter blood stream and disrupt cortisone hormonal levels so it will take couple of months for the side effects to wear off.So I suggest you discontinue this to avoid permanent damage to your skin and body.Corticosteroids are carelessly prescribed by some doctors and patients misuse it for long time without knowing its dangerous side effects.

Hydroquinone is one of the banned ingredients in many countries because it is carcinogenic.It should not be used more than 2-3 months or so.It is a bleaching agent.Prolonged use leads to side effects like pigmentation,skin sensitivity,leathery and bumpy skin etc.

Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is Vitamin C and it deactivates the Vitamin A/Tretinoin/Retinoid in Malebest making it in ineffective.

Malebest and Purelite should not  be used together.You have been mixing them additionally with moisturiser as well.You have been following wrong skin care practices and blaming something else entirely. Always ask your doctor before applying those things or at least spend some time looking up those if they are right or wrong or beneficial in any way.

And dryness is not a major side effect.It is inevitable part of any acne treatment.There are ways to fix it and minimise it,so it is not a big deal.It is initial side effect and once the skin is used to the treatment,dryness will eventually subside.Kindly go through these bunch of acne basics posts regarding understanding acne treatment and doing it the right way,choosing right kind of products for acne prone skin etc here.

Also you have never mentioned using a sunscreen when it is one of the important criteria to use on especially one is on acne treatments.Acne treatments are exfoliating agents and if sunscreen is not used,one can develop photo sensitivity,pigmentation,redness etc.

Photo facial is least of your concern now.Depending on your skin,it can be 8-10 sessions.

As of now I can suggest you discontinue all the products and let your skin heal and recover from the abuse and damage of corticosteroids.Use a sunscreen like Sunprotek Gel Sunscreen,a moisturiser like aloe veda aloe vera gel and kaya soothing cleanser.After 2 weeks or so,once the skin calms down you can start Epiduo Acne regimen and treat your acne.Do not modify the acne regimen and give Epiduo a clean shot and do what its meant to do and treat your acne.