skin care routine

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

skin care routine

tittu121
hi divya today i wanna ask you most important questions for me and our most of forum friends who always confused like me
1. how many times should we wash our face [for men] ?
2. after shaving should we use after shave or other type of moisturiser [i apply nothing]
3. typical boys routine advise i shave regularly in morning ok and i didnot apply anything than go for exercise and than bath with dove soap and use kaya soothing cleansing gel than after bath what product should we used moisturiser or sunscreens if
a. if i use moisturiser than after couple of hours when in a condition to go outdoor than should we apply sunscreen above moisturiser or wash moisturiser with cleanser and than apply sunscreen ?
b. if i use sunscreen than after couple of hours when in a condition to go outdoor than should we apply sunscreen above firstly apply sunscreen or wash with cleanser and than apply sunscreen ?
c. if moisturiser used and dont go outdoor condition than should we re apply moisturiser or not if yes than   after how many hours later ? and same question again above previous moisturiser or wash with cleanser and than re apply moisturiser
d. if sunscreen used and dont go outdoor condition than should we re apply sunscreen or not if yes than   after how many hours later ? and same question again above previous sunscreen or wash with cleanser and than re apply sunscreen
e. many time i have noticed when we apply moisturiser/sunscreens after couple of hours face become oily than any trick or any tissue paper should we use if yes than recommend which type of tissue paper
f.i had asked about moisturiser and sunscreens in all conditions but another point i have to ask i walk in evening and after walk my face become full of sweat and oil so after walk
a. should we wash our face with cleanser
b. or wait until  before going to bed
c. if i wash my face in evening after walk than what product should i apply moisturiser or sunscreen if when in acondition to go outdoor that means party disco reception etc.
4. what is the right technique for using cleanser that means should we use around eye areas that means eyes upper and lower area i am not knowing the correct word do describe but i think you may understand my point which i mean to say
5. should we use sunscreens around eye areas or not ?
6. your favourite moisturiser and sunscreen for indoor and outdoors ?
7. i heard that some says in night skin products should not used some says should used what is your opinion ? i heard some use vitamin e night cream what is it and  is it safe have you tried ?
sorry divya i think i have asked many questions for today its complete
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: skin care routine

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Tittu,

1)One should not wash their face not more than 2-3 times a day.

2)It is not mandatory to apply after shave or moisturiser after shaving but it does help to soothe the skin and minimise any irritation after shaving.If you feel the need then you can apply aloe vera gel like aloe veda aloe vera gel or calamine lotion like lacto calamine,calak lotion etc.I do not advise after shave lotion as they are alcohol based and could irritate the skin or cause dryness.

3)After your exercise routine,take bath and apply sunscreen during day.Since you have oily skin,I don't suppose you require additional moisturiser.

4)If you outdoors,no need to re apply moisturiser.Wash your face with plain water or use a wet wipe and re apply sunscreen.Remember sunscreen always goes first then other products follow.

5)Regarding oily face,as I suggested before use glycolic acid face wash like Glogeous.Using oil-free and matte products also helps.Moisturiser for oily skin is not a must.Oily skin can do without moisturisers.Unless really necessary you can skip moisturiser or opt for light moisturiser like aloe vera gels.Using too many products can make skin oily very fast.Dusting off with a little talc,helps too.You can always use tissue paper or blotting papers to blot off excess oil.

6)There is no need to apply sunscreen after sunset or in the evenings after 6pm or so.

7)Sweat after working out or any physical activity is pretty obvious.Your body is under strain and burning calories,body temperature also increases.So just carry a clean towel or tissue paper when you go out for a run.Once you reach home,take a bath and face your face with a cleanser.If you feel the need to apply anything,then you can apply moisturiser or aloe vera gel or kaya night cream.

8)Regarding how to use cleansers:First wash your hands.Wet your face and palm.Take little cleanser(dilute if necessary) and lightly massage on face including eyelids,under eye,nose corners etc.Then rinse it off with water.

9)There is no harm in applying sunscreen on eye lids,under eye area.

10)My favourite moisturisers and sunscreen:I normally dont apply moisturiser unless I face dryness.I opt for moisturising sunscreens as I do not like layering too many products plus I have oily skin so like to keep it to a minimum.I use Kaya Moisturising Sunscreen SPF 15 when I am indoors and Sunprotek Gel Sunscreen SPF 30 when I am outdoors.Evening I wash my face then apply Aloe veda Aloe vera gel.

11)It is a myth that products should not be used during night.Using right kind of products as per your skin type and requirement do not damage your skin.Skin also suffers damage during day time due to sun exposure,dirt,pollution,stress,make up etc.So it is good habit to use a night cream to repair the skin damage and rejuvenate.As you grow older,one has to step up their skin care regimen.

You can use Vitamin E cream,there is no harm.If you tell me more about the product then I can help you out further.I am guessing you are a college goer in your early 20's so you can try kaya night cream.Use a search box above to check out the reviews of the products I mentioned here.It is a moisturising cream with Azelaic acid and Vitamin C.

Reply | Threaded
|

tittu121
thankyou divya for your quick respone almost 1 hour and you have cleared my questions i am not 20 i am 28
and i rally fan of your work and advice divya here another question for you
1.currently i am using kaya soothing cleansing gel and i love this product alot it doesnot break me out i had tried lots of cleanser in many brands but this is the best till i use so am i continouing kaya cleanser
2. i told you i was using sunprotek gel spf 30 and you suggest me some 5matte suncreen names i tried lotus matte gel spf 50 but after couple of hour my face is disgusting may i use kaya sunscreen spf 15
3.in indoor you told me kaya sunscreen and outdoor sunprotek spf 30 you almost used than two another brands another ingeridients if i apply after bath kaya sunscreen spf 15 for indoor and when a condition to go outdoor another brand sunscreen than should i wash face with cleanser or just plain water and than re apply sunscreen
again thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Tittu,

Thank you for your kind words.

1)Kaya Soothing Gel Cleanser is definitely one of the best cleansers I have tried,my personal favourite too.Its works great for oily-acne prone skin.

2)What exactly was your problem with Lotus Sunscreen?Can tell me which one exactly cause they have many versions?If you find Sunprotek oily then you might find same issue with Kaya Spf 15 because it is moisturising sunscreen like Sunprotek.Try the 9 to 5 Lakme Mattifying Sunscreen or La Shield or Ansolar Gel Sunscreen.

3)Kaya and Sunprotek are both non-comedogenic sunscreens.When you are indoors you don't need high sun protection so SPF 15 will do.You will high SPF when you are outdoors.If possible you can just wash with plain water or just re apply no issues either way.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Helooo priyanka..
Howz you??
Hope everything fyn..
Atualy after reading all the question and ans.. Some questions also strike in my mind..
1. After evening face wash u said to me dat apply proactiv for 2-3 tymes in a week.. Which days i apply it was okie.. But which days i am nt applying proactive den  after face wash, can i apply any other product or not?? If apply any other product den in nyt before bed agn face wash or just wash face wid normal water den apply epiduo gel?
2. Always firsty apply sunscreen dan other product, ryt??
3. In a day How many tymes sunscreen apply??
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Aman,

1)The days you don't use Proactiv,there is no need to apply anything.You can follow up with Epiduo.

2)Yes Sunscreen always goes first.

3)Normally one has to apply sunscreen every 3-4 hours.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
 thanku g..
Gud nyt.. Sweet drmzz.. Tc..