skin lightening creams truth and myth busters

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

skin lightening creams truth and myth busters

tittu121
hi divya today i will share and discuss most common and famous topic  " skin lightening products "
today most of guys and gals uses skin lightening products without dermatoloogist doctor advise they use bcoz their friend use those product  
my real story about skin lightening products  - i am a fair guy but my cousin was dark colour my cousin always says bro i am jealous with you bcoz you have a fair colour and myne is dark i always told my bro that colour doesnot matter bro but he didnt understand bcoz he has a inferiority complex he thought no girls accept him and lots of negative thoughts about colour complexion related and he always try products for become fairer but nothing worth it but one day he got skinlight cream which is told by their friend and after using skin light cream my dark bro become fairer yes its true i am a witness of their dark to become fairer journey and even he more fairer than me but he never told me that he is using skin light cream one day i asked bro which type of treatment you had and what is the secret behind your fairer skin than he told he was using skin light cream i sware he become fairer and i thought how is it possible dark complexion become fairer with skin lightening cream than i asked bro are you apply daily he said yes i applied daily on night so i thought i will also try skin light cream than i apply on two nights before bed .
my experiences - my all skin bcome red and my worst experience is dark circle got on my eye areas and present this dark circle problem is persist not heavy but still some dark circles after 3 years applying skin light cream so you may guess its a very dangerous product i suffer   dark circles on eye areas i will write into my next topic on dark circles topic and my bro who uses skin light cream when he stop using skin light cream his skin bcome again darker that means natural old colour
most of question come into my mind
1. skin lightening creams effect are temporary ?
2.skin lightening creams present hydroquinone and it burn the skin specially eye area and get dark circles why ?
3.skin lightening products are safe or not ?
a. if safe than which product is based ?
b.should we use skin lightening products temporary that means few months or last long is it safe ?
4.if a black person become fairer by using skin lightening creams ?
5.what is the side effects of skin lightening creams on our health ?
6.skin lightening creams is myth or true what about your opinion and your experience about it  if you than please share ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: skin lightening creams truth and myth busters

DivaJournals
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi Tittu,

India is one country where people are obsessed with fair skin.Infact no where else,will you find highest sales of fairness creams/products.This is something I am strongly against.People should accept the way they are born with and not tamper with it .I don't understand why fair skin should be given so much importance and priority.

Fair skin or not,it does not make a person any less.That said,no product or skin lightening cream will make any person fair.Those products which make false promises and loot customers are extremely dangerous.They contain high levels of corticosteroids,heavy metals,chemicals which will permanently damage the skin and melanin production.The side effects are severe and irreversible like the way you experienced.Even the very famous Ponds and Olay Whitening creams have come under the scanner due to presence of heavy metals.Read here:How safe are our cosmetics?

Your cousin is under a wrong notion.People who do not love and respect you for the way you are, aren't genuine.Why should looks matter if you really like the person?The one who really cares you despite all the humans flaws is the most treasured person.

Initially when you use it,you see results but in the long run you are damaging your skin and body.I have written a detailed post regarding the dangers of skin lightening creams which I will try to put it up very soon which will answer all your queries.Request every one who is reading this not to use such products!Never never buy into fairness/whitening tags on products,they are just misleading marketing gimmicks.

Coming to your queries:
1)Kindly do not use skin lightening creams meant to give you fairness.Yes the effects are temporary.

2)Hydroquinone is a bleaching agent used to treat hyper pigmentation,acne blemishes.It should not be used more than 3 months.It is more of last option only when other treatments like retinoids,glycolic acid,kojic acid,vitamin c have failed.Hydroquinone is a carcinogenic(cancerous) ingredient and it is banned in many countries.Skin lightening/fairness containing high levels of hydroquinone provide fairness effect by inhibiting melanin production hence you see results initially.In the long run,your skin will be beyond any kind of repair.

3)All Skin lightening products are NOT safe.Do not use products containing hydroquinone,steroids,lead,mercury etc.Only use safe and approved products like vitamin c,b,e,kojic acid,AHA/BHA,arbutin,Niacinamide,Liquorice,turmeric etc.

4)As said before,results are temporary.

5)Nobody can become fair by using fairness cream over night.Fair/Dusky skin should never a criteria to judge a person.Love the way you are!

6)The side effects of skin lightening/fairness cream are permanent and damaging.It will cause skin irritation,hyper/hypo pigmentation,blotchy bumpy skin,acne,skin sensitivity,more absorption of UV rays among others.

7)I do not use any fairness or skin lightening creams.I strongly condemn it and advise any one against using such products.The products I use in my regimen are for acne,acne blemishes/scars and anti-aging purposes only.I follow Epiduo regimen and do not use any other products.If you see me recommending Kaya Fairness Cream then it is because of presence of Azelaic acid(A anti-bacterial/anti-fungal,lightens blemishes) and Vitamin C(Lightens hyper pigmentation and rejuvenates skin) and not because of its fairness claims!

Reply | Threaded
|

tittu121
thankyou divya for explaning me and its very helpful for our forum friends too and personally i dont believe in colour game and i hate those products i think you may know about fair and lovely case madras high court in this case the comany accept that they use pork tellow that means oil which are made by pigs fat you remember that case they all make us fool and play with our emotions and thankyou we have a guide like you for telling all skin related solutions
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Fair & Lovely is one such fraud company.These useless brands have been cashing in on people's insecurities for decades.That's why most of them do not even disclose complete ingredient list.Those ads really gets on my nerves and they really hurt people's sentiments.I don't see how fair skin is a criteria for anything.Recently one more brand,Dhaitri came under scanner because of illegal use of steroids and heavy metals in fairness cream and many people filed a case against them and it is banned in Kerala.This whole trend of fairness is a dangerous trend in India.Here we do not have regulatory body like US FDA to monitor cosmetic/food safety standards.

Reply | Threaded
|

tittu121
you mean to say dhathri right yes i had tried lots of dhathri products including soaps shampoos and paste and their hair oil and fairness cream with spf 25 and one fairness powder also but dont know that products are banned in kerala thankyou for informing me currently i am not using those products but i recently buy a shampoo which is my favourite one dhathri deedhi shampoo green one and yes i felt they change their formulas its dries out my hair   but before it works wonder thankyou dear for informing me  i will never buy dhathri products
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
You are welcome Tittu :) Kindly choose products wisely.