classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

skin progress month-3

gayathri
This post was updated on .
hey Pri ! This is how my skin is currently.  Still get some occasional whiteheads torturing me :( but then skin is getting better. Say if I can go on with the regimen? Add anything? To say exactly, im about to finish my 3rd month  (deducting the days I dint use epiduo like before and after peeling and due to some sickness and al that)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: skin progress month-3

DivaJournals
Administrator
Hi Gayathri.I see improvement.Breakouts have reduced and acne scars are also fading.

Occasional breakouts could be due to illness and skipping Epiduo as you stated.

You have to find a way to follow your regimen properly without missing it.It is important step in treating acne,if you give too much gap in the initial period,you will get breakouts.And also watch your food consumption as you many foods trigger acne in your case,especially avoid mangoes this summer.

Are you using Proactiv Sulphur Mask?Other than you can add Glogeous Glycolic acid face wash if you desire.
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Yes Pri I'm careful with food triggers.and yes I do use proactiv mask once a week. Cos if I use more than that I feel it makes skin a lil dry, with the combo of epiduo. And where do I include the face wash you suggest ? Like how many times?

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Once a week is too less for it to have any effect.Use it every alternate day.Since it has sulphur,it has causes bit dryness.Just follow it up with a moisturiser.

Use Glogeous face wash once a day and for another time use your kaya cleanser itself.
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Sure Pri ! I'll use as yu say from now on :) glogeous I'll use in the mornings and kaya in the evenings.

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yup sounds good
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Pri sorry I'm bothering yu :P Glogeous seems to be expensive ! Not that I don't want to invest, but will it be safe on skin Pri? It wudnt cause any breakouts right ? And where do I get it from Pri?

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
Yes Glogeous is Rs.599 and it is available on Clickoncare.com

Glogeous is 1% Glycolic acid face wash,pretty similar to AHA Glow.Glycolic acid is one of best acne treatments,it is derived from sugarcane.I have been using it twice a day with Epiduo and Proactiv and not facing any dryness unlike AHA Glow.It is non-comedogenic,gel based,treatment face wash for oily-acne prone skin.I would never suggest any product that would cause breakouts to any one,suggestions/recommendations are based on my experiences with the product.Read the complete review here:http://www.divajournals.com/2015/01/glogeous-advanced-face-wash-gel-review.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Helloo..
Priyanks is there any difference between glogeous face wash or AHA glow.. Generally i askd dat question..
Bcoz glogeous is seems to be very expensive compare to AHA glow..
Even i have ordered glogeous face wash thru clickoncare and proactive thru snapdeal.. Actually when i ordered the glogeous facewash i seen the similar product sebamed n AHA glow.. And u also post that AHA glow is very similar product.. Den why glogeous is very expensive??
 And second u have alots of knowledge about all the products.. From where u have gain the knowledge seriously i am surprised.. Evenly skin doctors dnt knw any product.. But "tusi taa great ho" u knw all the product.. Amazing..
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri

Aman ji, she has struggled with all we are going through and have become a great skincare encyclopedia :P oh please don't even compare her with doctors. Some doctors don't even try to help us soulfully :( this woman she helps us with all her heart :*

Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
Compare with doctor "na baba na" "neverrrrrrrrrrr"
And yupzz gayathri, u r 101% ryt.. She helps us wid all her heart.. And always be dere for help us.. Dats why every tym i only said "hats off to priyanka"..
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
@Aman @Gayathri-Thank you guys.Some times I really need that support and push from you guys..Yes Gayathri is right I myself suffered acne since my teens.I did all mistakes like you guys as well and learnt from it.I went to doctors as well except one doctor rest weren't helpful at all,in fact they were discouraging.Then I met this really wonderful doctor when I was in college,I underwent treatment with her for few years.She was really kind.I learnt most of the stuff,treatments etc from her.I used to sit in her clinic in free time and go through her patients,books,samples etc and ask her lot of questions about everythingShe used to say I should become her apprentice cause I was always knowledgeable regarding this stuff,I love health sciences since I was a kid.She gave me tons of samples and would collect my feedback stuff,that's how I know never ending list of products and treatments.Unfortunately it all ended she relocated to different place,but she is still one of the best doctors I have come across.After that I started my blog to share what I know and from my experiences and help people like me who are sailing in the same boat .

Acne itself is a painful journey.It is very devastating when people start pointing out to us,giving suggestions to meet that doc or try that home remedy.It really starts affecting us psychologically as well,it starts killing our confidence and self esteem.I know that,I have been there so I understand that hell.It affects our life.I have been in tears because of acne.So when some one comes to me saying they are suffering acne,I totally get it,I really feel the pain.More than acne,first you to have listen to them and be supportive.Give them that confidence that acne is not end of the world,there are treatments available.That confidence boost and positive approach towards treating acne makes a lot of difference.Its okay to have acne but its not okay to let acne to take over your life.By making simple rectifications you can definitely defeat acne.I underwent a lot of treatments,medications.It took a while to figure why we get acne and how to deal with it.After a lot of trial and error,I figured it out and thus helping you guys as well.

Coming to difference between AHA Glow and Glogeous face washes:
1)They are actually manufactured from the same brand Torrent Pharma.Main composition is 1% Glycolic acid.
2)One of the side effects of AHA Glow is dryness/peeling.Despite all these years,I can still use AHA Glow not more than once a day without facing too much dryness.They have rectified that with the new formula in Glogeous.I am using Glogeous twice a day from 4 months without facing any dryness/peeling.That's why I have been recommending Glogeous over AHA Glow.I get many complaints from AHA Glow that it causes lot of of dryness,otherwise it is still one of best face washes for oily-acne prone skin.
3)AHA Glow has SLS,a potential skin irritant in some cases plus it has many harsh surfactants which causes it to lather.Glogeous is SLS-free.The surfactants used in Glogeous are very mild and thereby does not cause dryness/peeling as much as AHA Glow.
4)The formula of Glogeous is better than AHA Glow.Apart from 1% Glycolic acid,it has fresh cells of pumpkin,propanediol,evodia fruit extracts which are rich in antioxidants,zinc which heals pimples and lightens blemishes also.
5)AHA Glow has vitamin E milli capsules which you have to crush every time.In Glogeous,there are very very tiny vitamin e capsules which you don't have to crush every time.
6)So after using both AHA Glow and Glogeous,I found Glogeous to be better than AHA Glow.I am not facing any dryness with Epiduo,occasional breakouts are under control,marks are fading and the formula is mild and good too.I agree the cost is expensive.When I saw the cost,I reacted the same way as well.I don't know the reason for hike from 199 to 599,its quite unreasonable.Since it has its own positives,price can be overlooked.
7)That said it does not mean AHA Glow is not good,it is a good face wash too.The side effects of AHA Glow can be minimised by using it correctly like starting with decreased frequency,using a moisturiser etc.Its a good face wash for maintenance but it could be bit harsh when used with acne treatments like Epiduo so if you want to step your acne regimen without facing too much dryness,then Glogeous would be a good option.

Hope this clears the confusion.

@Aman:Buy Proactiv mask from Flipkart.It is directly shipped from Proactiv itself and its cheaper with free shipping costs about Rs.490.You can cancel on snapdeal,its expensive.You can buy on Flipkart HERE.

Reply | Threaded
|

Aman
All confusion has been cleard.. And i think i am also clear 
But one thing i was mention.. U r one of the best person i have never met before..
Always ready for help..
Always cool..
Always free mind..
Always diva's queen..
And priyanka proactiv cost is same in snapdeal and also free shiping..
Actually flipkart is nt delivered this product in my city dats why u have ordered thru snapdeal..
GOD BLESS..
Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri
In reply to this post by DivaJournals

Oh my god Pri ! Yu have beautifully explained every single thing comparing both the cleansers Pri :) now all clear :D

Reply | Threaded
|

gayathri
In reply to this post by DivaJournals

And Pri the doctor yu were saying about sounds like a dream dermatologist we all wish we have ! For a minute I felt , had yu taken up medical and became a derm, you would be the top most sorted one in India :P :) and we people here in dj would visit you everyday ;)

Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
@Aman-Thank you buddy for your kind words.I am glad the confusion is cleared and you got your answers..I try to help you guys as much as I can. Regarding Proactiv,I saw a different listing on snapdeal with a higher price so thought I will tell you.Anyway good that you went for correct listing.

@Gayathri-I am glad confusion is cleared..My doctor was a awesome lady.Hehe I wanted to take my MBBS but fate had different plans for me,I took up Engineering.I do have a regrets about that but I am partially fulfilling my dreams through my blog and through you guys @sangu @aman @anu @vasavi @gayathri, @ashu @megha @arpitha @ashu @deepika love you and thank you guys
Reply | Threaded
|

vasavi arun
@ Pri.... We love u too and thank u a lottttt..... Wish you loads of goodness for your good heart
Reply | Threaded
|

DivaJournals
Administrator
@vasavi Thanks hon'.Take care